Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Liberty Dollar office raided

Most of it is common sense.

A child who picks up a dime off the street corner without returning it .

=

Someone 'repo'ing property that is owed them.

=

Federal law enforcement agents performing a raid that was authorized by the United States judicial system.

=

Nazi's who rounded up and executed jews.

The young child obviously is a Nazi.

If you disagree, Vhawk, please spend the next 30 minutes pointing out each individual flaw in my argument. Obviously any intelligent human being will realize that these aren't analogies nor anything more than fragments pieced together, lacking any sort of conduciveness or point. FBI agents are not Nazi's, and it doesn't take some well worded argument to point that out.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another question would it have been morally acceptable for me personally to hire some people off the street to go and do exactly what those agents did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, people hire private agents to do seizure all the time, it's called repossession. As long as it's legally done, I have no issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Repossession involves Person A taking possession of his property. Person B took possession of it with the understanding that he would pay for it. Person B doesn't pay for it. Person A then repossesses.

Different ball game.

Try again.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

=

=

Federal law enforcement agents performing a raid that was authorized by the United States judicial system.

=

If you disagree, Vhawk, please spend the next 30 minutes pointing out each individual flaw in my argument. Obviously any intelligent human being will realize that these aren't analogies nor anything more than fragments pieced together, lacking any sort of conduciveness or point. FBI agents are not Nazi's, and it doesn't take some well worded argument to point that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-17-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another question would it have been morally acceptable for me personally to hire some people off the street to go and do exactly what those agents did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, people hire private agents to do seizure all the time, it's called repossession. As long as it's legally done, I have no issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Repossession involves Person A taking possession of his property. Person B took possession of it with the understanding that he would pay for it. Person B doesn't pay for it. Person A then repossesses.

Different ball game.

Try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

These people are accused of breaking the law, and they have their due in court to prove their innocence.

Que an article from 1933 when law enforcement raided property belonging to members of organized crime, would you defend them as well?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

=

=

=

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried to lampoon my point but ended up exemplifying it. I know they are not Nazis. That would be one of the details that is different but not material. They acted on orders like Nazis. That would be a detail that is similar and material. See how it works? These cops seized property and detained people, the Nazis rounded up people for concentration camps. This is a detail that is different and MAY be material. But since this all started with DblBarrlel CONCEDING, or at least seeming to concede, that what they did was wrong (he balked at evil) I dont see how its really material HOW wrong it was. If you disagree, feel free to explain why.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

=

=

=

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know what an anology is?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

=

=

=

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know what an anology is?

[/ QUOTE ]

He does not. This is a fact. He knows what an identity is, though...I think. He knows that FBI != Nazis, so I assume he knows what an identity is.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you people even get the POINT OF ANALOGIES?

[/ QUOTE ]

To paint a caricature of a situation that exemplifies all the good sides of your point while discreetly setting aside all the other points which would be hard to debate, so you can win at teh interweb. Duh.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to say that all those who participated in this raid are doing their job, and they deserve . . . their paychecks in federal reserve notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

The agents were doing their jobs. When you're in law enforcement, and a search warrant lands on your desk, you have two choices; serve it or lose your job because of insubordination.

I'm guessing if you went through everything these men and women went through to obtain positions as federal agents, you'd choose the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the Nazi's, the Third Reich, the doctors skinning live babiest to experiment and whatnot, making lampshades out of human skin, or the people marching hunrdreds into gas chambers telling them it was to take a shower, etc, etc.

It was their job and they deserved to get paid for it by the government that they were legitimately emplloyed by, do I understand your arugument correctly. How dare anyone question any of the actions of people who did any of the above. THEY WERE DOING THEIR JOB AND DESERVED TO GET PAID!!!!