Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: You open raise UTG to $7. It's folded to the button (40/20) who makes it $20 to go. Which hands do
55 8 42.11%
AQo 3 15.79%
AJs 2 10.53%
JTs 4 21.05%
76s 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Cowboys Vs. Packers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This y I will agree that the Cowboys RBs are better than Alexander bc he is having a bad yr. Everything else Dallas will dominate the Hawks. LOL at the person who said Seattle beat Dallas in the playoffs. That made my day. Hell if it weren't for Moss being in NE I would say that Dallas had the best WR/TE group in the NFL. Ok maybe not I forgot about Indy but that makes Dallas number 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alexander isn't having a bad year. He sucks and is done. Without Hutch, the team can't run anymore. Alexander was a function of the left side of the line being so dominant. Without them he's terrible as seen by the last 2 seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

In his defense, hes been hurt pretty much all of the past two seasons
Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alexander isn't having a bad year. He sucks and is done. Without Hutch, the team can't run anymore. Alexander was a function of the left side of the line being so dominant. Without them he's terrible as seen by the last 2 seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'd take Morris over Alexander at this point. Morris looked OK last night.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This y I will agree that the Cowboys RBs are better than Alexander bc he is having a bad yr. Everything else Dallas will dominate the Hawks. LOL at the person who said Seattle beat Dallas in the playoffs. That made my day. Hell if it weren't for Moss being in NE I would say that Dallas had the best WR/TE group in the NFL. Ok maybe not I forgot about Indy but that makes Dallas number 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In his defense, hes been hurt pretty much all of the past two seasons

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter, he was never that great and that's a fact. If you have 2 HOF lineman, your going to look good. Yes he's been hurt but the thing is Morris isn't even running that well anymore without Hutch. Morris's stats were better pre than post. Their success was a function of their great o-line. It's mediocre at best now, especially at running the ball.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I included all the other teams with winning records for this poll [#3 NFC team] . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! As a Giants fan, my first thought was: "well I know it's not the Giants." Then I went through the other teams, and I couldn't see a good reason to rank them below anyone. So, Giants, but they're all really close, I think.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM

I am a big Packer fan, but I admit that Dallas is probably better than us at this point. This is not to say we won't compete (I think any team with a good defense can compete). I have watched a ton of football this year, and I can honestly say that Seattle really does suck. I think the third best NFC team is the Giants. Seattle may be 4th but there is a tremendous talent drop off. Also, 4-1 at home and 1-3 on the road is not a sign of a good team. In fact, it spells bad news for them as it means they probably won't get more than one home playoff game.e
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

I disagree that Seattle is awful. They have a very good defense and a slightly below average offense, and good special teams. They're an above average team.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:54 PM

Hahahaha, lol @ the dude saying Hasselback is better than Romo! Anyway, good stuff.

Green Bay is impressive. I think Dallas separates itself from them b/c of TO, if GB had a game-changing WR then it would be close imo.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Like GBP04, I'm a Packers fan.

The Cowboys are #1, Packers are #2.

I think it's actually closer than many may think, though. The big weakness of the Packers, the running game, has improved recently (two 100 yard games from Grant in the last three games, one against a crap run D, one against a really good one). The WR's, which were supposed to be a weakness, have proven to be quite good, and that unit is looking like one of the deepest in the league. For some reason, while the Packers are moving the ball really well, they aren't scoring TD's, which is creating close games.

I actually think the Packers D is overrated, but they haven't given up many points, and that's what counts.

The Cowboys biggest weakness in the first half of the season, their defense, has improved greatly and has actually become good. Secondary is still a little suspect, but they have figured out ways around it. Helps when they are always playing with the lead.

Both teams need to cut down on penalties.

On a neutral field, I'd give the edge to the Cowboys, but it would be close. The Packers will be at a real disadvantage when they play because of the schedule. While both teams will have Sunday, Thursday, Thursday games, the Cowboys have them all at home, while the Packers are on the road for the Thursday games.

I think the Packers could definitely beat the Cowboys. I don't think they will, but they could.

FWIW, I'd order the next few teams as such:

Giants
Lions
Bucs
Seahawks
Saints (I really have no idea where to put them)
Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a big Packer fan, but I admit that Dallas is BY FAR better than us at this point. This is not to say we won't compete (I think any team with a good defense can compete). I have watched a ton of football this year, and I can honestly say that Seattle really does suck. I think the third best NFC team is the Giants. Seattle may be 4th but there is a tremendous talent drop off. Also, 4-1 at home and 1-3 on the road is not a sign of a good team. In fact, it spells bad news for them as it means they probably won't get more than one home playoff game.e

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Packers will be at a real disadvantage when they play because of the schedule. While both teams will have Sunday, Thursday, Thursday games, the Cowboys have them all at home, while the Packers are on the road for the Thursday games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something NYG should have taken adv of last weekend, they were coming off a bye playing Dallas which was on their second week of traveling.

Dallas has really positioned themselves nicely to take home-field advantage winning 5 road games in the first 9 games, now they have 4 of their next 5 games at home and basically a month to relax in Dallas. Home-field adv is much bigger for Dallas than GB imo, playing in GB is much more difficult in Jan than playing in Dallas--the actual home-field advantage is greater for GB. Dallas doesn't want to travel to GB.