Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Default 55 from the BB in a 3 way pot...and I decided to flat call vs. station

My default in this situation is to 3-bet or fold vs a Button Raiser who is this loose, but when the SB came along for the ride I decided to flat call.

<font color="blue">
Button is running 40/19/3/200, pretty loose PF, but generally fit/fold postflop.

SB is your typical shortstack 35/7/3, calls too much oop with junk and is pretty much a calling station.
</font>
I've only been at the table approx 30 hands, but playing snug Tag Poker and have yet to get out of line running about 24/20/4, though I doubt either of these villains is aware of that.

What do we think of my line on the flop, and what is Hero's best action on turn?

FWIW, if we flat call PF, we have to be able to win some pots when we don't hit our sets, and I feel like this is a pretty good board for me, but would like to see some discussion about it.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $50
CO: $50.45
BTN: $50.60
SB: $29.40
Hero (BB): $61.40

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $3

Turn: ($10.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: 55 from the BB in a 3 way pot.....and I decided to flat call

I need a read to donk into a LP pfr - I think it's better to C/R or call and float the turn. As the times villain makes a CB we make a bunch more monies. The posted read says button plays "fit or fold" so our flop donk will probaby fold Button most of the time - BUT we also note that SB is a station so I check this down and see the SD if I can. We have position here on a calling station so we want to VB VB VB - and we don't have enough of a hand to VB with I think.

We don't need to win "some pots" calling preflop with implied odds THIS good if we miss the set with our small pp. We hoping for the solid gold flop that is A5x and as it's 3 ways the most we could win postflop is $77.50 which is 77.5 x our preflop call. Even if it's the shorty we stack on that A5x flop we make $28ish (minus rake) which is ~26x our preflop call and even if the flop is 5xx we can still expect some action post from the calling station so will easily imo make this into a $13 pot (which is what we need to make playing JUST for set value +EV)

As played I call SB's turn minbet and reeval river hoping that he makes another minbet that I can call and see a cheap SD with - if he makes any kind of significant bet I fold unless I spike a set on teh river.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: 55 from the BB in a 3 way pot.....and I decided to flat call

Agreed with most of the post Matrix, my comment about winning hands without flopping a set is more about a general principle that I have been trying to add into my game, then specifically this situation.

The reason that I liked the donk, was because this guy had played fit/fold poker, and I felt that If I could get him to fold I would have position on the shortie station.

I think you are right though, that C/R is probably better here, because it gives us maximum f/e vs. both opponents.

How do you feel about flat calling vs. 3 bet here PF?