Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Moving up to NL25 - memo to self

Thanks for the exta input. What I have also noticed is that all the super nitty players from China and Eastern Europe, the ones who only play premium hands even in LP, seem to stick to the NL10. I reckon they are pretty straight forward as you can put them on very narrow range and they are willing to fold to a big raise [if they don't they're probably not bluffing, so re-assess]. Mixed in with them are a bunch of folk who love to limp in but see a bluff in every is raise - lovely when you have hand.

It does seem to be a different crowd at NL25 [at least on the Boss Media network, averaging about 5,000 online users] so I need to work out whose who again!

And I must admit that my post flop play probably sucks too. At NL10 it seems like all you need to do is *don't play trash* and take it from there. It doesn't seem to help much as much at NL25 where the average for the %players seeing pot falls from the 35-45% range to the 20-25% range.

God I wish I didn't suck at poker.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM

If you can beat NL$10, you can beat NL$25 and probably NL$50. The issue is that 20k hands is too small a sample to know if you are really a winner in the games you are currently playing.

I suggest you hang out in the uNL forum. Even if you don't post hands, post your thoughts and check out the stickies. They are full of great advice.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Very interesting thread. I am currently playing NL10 and will soon be moving up to NL25 in maybe 2-3 weeks. Its nice to read comments about players experiences when moving up to this level. I am currently 3 tabling NL10 6 max and am also just starting to learn how to use PAHUD. Have never needed it but want to start giving myself the best edge when moving up to higher levels. Would be nice if you could re-update this thread in 1-2 weeks and let us know how things are going then ...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can beat NL$10, you can beat NL$25 and probably NL$50. The issue is that 20k hands is too small a sample to know if you are really a winner in the games you are currently playing.

I suggest you hang out in the uNL forum. Even if you don't post hands, post your thoughts and check out the stickies. They are full of great advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't 20k a decent sample size to tell you at least where you're heading ? I have a 10k sample size so far (I know it's not big) but still think its enough to give me a feel of where I stand at a certain level. Would like to get more of your thoughts on this one.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 PM

Obvious answer who wants to keep the fish playing. After 20K if you lose I suggest that you are a loosing player. Should stop playing a bit and read and analyze.