Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Limbaugh Smear Letter: Why Talk Radio is Needed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, generally, with your assessment of his buffoonery, as far as his leadership in congress goes.

Reid was one of the signers of the letters. If you, or Felix, believes that signing or sending that letter was a Stalinist tactic--with all due respect--you need to do some research on Stalin and his tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it Andy. Tomorrow, I will read more about Joseph Stalin. I will read where intimidation of opposing viewpoints were nonexistent during his reign and I will apologize profusely for my ignorance if this is indeed the truth.

At least you seem to be a reasonable person. Even knowing that we are probably polar opposites.

What is funny about this whole charade is that I simply made a statement to the OP and all of a sudden two attack dogs take it upon themselves to stick their nose in and start screaming about god knows what.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you're just embarrassing. no paint needed...
Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, generally, with your assessment of his buffoonery, as far as his leadership in congress goes.

Reid was one of the signers of the letters. If you, or Felix, believes that signing or sending that letter was a Stalinist tactic--with all due respect--you need to do some research on Stalin and his tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it Andy. Tomorrow, I will read more about Joseph Stalin. I will read where intimidation of opposing viewpoints were nonexistent during his reign and I will apologize profusely for my ignorance if this is indeed the truth.

At least you seem to be a reasonable person. Even knowing that we are probably polar opposites.

What is funny about this whole charade is that I simply made a statement to the OP and all of a sudden two attack dogs take it upon themselves to stick their nose in and start screaming about god knows what.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and your just embarrassing. no paint needed...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's poor form to be both ignorant and also not have a sense of humor. Just pick one.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Rush can tell all the soldiers to go [censored] themselves because he thinks you have to be a satanist to join the militiary. He'll probably lose viewership, but it has nothing to do with congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely correct. Whether it was "Stalinist" or not is unimportant. It was a waste of time, it was a waste of money, it was an intimidation tactic to silence a political opponent, and it was a down right attack on free speech.

More importantly, and this is something that congress needs to understand, this gave Limbaugh a ratings boost.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 AM

"You got it Andy. Tomorrow, I will read more about Joseph Stalin. I will read where intimidation of opposing viewpoints were nonexistent during his reign and I will apologize profusely for my ignorance if this is indeed the truth."

Of course Stalin intimidated people. But "stalinist" doesn't mean intimidation. It means murder, deliberate creation of famine, and banishment to Siberia. He was one of the great villains of history. When Felix throws around Stalinist in regard to a letter written to the chairman of Clear Channel--or when lefties throw around "Nazi"in reference to President Bush--it confuses, rather than clarifies, discussion.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 AM

"More importantly, and this is something that congress needs to understand, this gave Limbaugh a ratings boost."

If ever there was a gang that couldn't shoot straight, it the Democrats in congress.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You got it Andy. Tomorrow, I will read more about Joseph Stalin. I will read where intimidation of opposing viewpoints were nonexistent during his reign and I will apologize profusely for my ignorance if this is indeed the truth."

Of course Stalin intimidated people. But "stalinist" doesn't mean intimidation. It means murder, deliberate creation of famine, and banishment to Siberia. He was one of the great villains of history. When Felix throws around Stalinist in regard to a letter written to the chairman of Clear Channel--or when lefties throw around "Nazi"in reference to President Bush--it confuses, rather than clarifies, discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize your point. But, I don't agree that the language, in this instance. confuses or creates a problem. Was he being dramatic to push a point?? Probably so.

The idiocy of our Senators should be the prevalent theme here.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize your point. But, I don't agree that the language, in this instance. confuses or creates a problem. Was he being dramatic to push a point?? Probably so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recap:

Horrible analogy derails thread.

Your take:

I've repeatedly defended the horrible analogy because I think the thread shouldn't focus on the analogy, however overly dramatic.

Edit to add: It was ***YOU*** who posted replies like: 'Answer me this question, is this a stalinist tactic?' (Not: 'Answer me this question, are the Senators out of line?') But now you say you've always wanted the thread to be over this question and focus on the senator's actions without focusing on the labels. Nice try. Good game. You lose again.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Recap:

Your take:

I've repeatedly defended the horrible analogy because I think the thread shouldn't focus on the analogy, however overly dramatic.

Edit to add: It was ***YOU*** who posted replies like: 'Answer me this question, is this a stalinist tactic?' (Not: 'Answer me this question, are the Senators out of line?') But now you say you've always wanted the thread to be over this question and focus on the senator's actions without focusing on the labels. Nice try. Good game. You lose again.

[/ QUOTE ]

THE FN THREAD WAS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MORONS IN THE SENATE.

I NEVER made an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is? Maybe if you didn't stick your special ed head in the middle of someone else's question, you wouldn't have missed that.

Do you even know what you are barking about anymore? Do you even what my first post on this thread was? Have you READ anything. I mean what could be your social malfunction to repeatedly say nothing while following me around with some juvenile paint drawings?? Are you seeing a therapist?

I mean, what. Are you in high school or something? That is the only sane reason I can find for your retardation.

And have the last word, cause that is what you NEED . I have wasted enough time on you.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Recap:

Your take:

[/ QUOTE ]

THE FN THREAD WAS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MORONS IN THE SENATE.

I NEVER made an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is? Maybe if you didn't stick your special ed head in the middle of someone else's question, you wouldn't have missed that.

You may be the biggest fool I have seen on 2+2. No scratch that. You are the biggest tool. Period. And that is saying something. Congratulations!

Do you even know what you are barking about anymore? Do you even what my first post on this thread was? Have you READ anything. I mean what could be your social malfunction to repeatedly say nothing while following me around with some juvenile paint drawings?? Are you seeing a therapist?

I mean, what. Are you in high school or something? That is the only sane reason I can find for your retardation.

And have the last word, cause that is what you NEED . I have wasted enough time on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. But here's the only question YOU raised directly to ME, to refresh your memory:

Just answer one easy question. Is intimidation or government action to do so, as in 41 moronic Senators signing a bogus hit piece, to squelch speech, a stalinist tactic ?

But you can keep pretending that we are the ones who took you down this path unwillingly. And trying to obfuscate this point by claiming it wasn't technically an analogy is pretty lame.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:25 PM

And so, the rightie burrows back into his hole. After confusing the issue and kicking up as much dust and confusion as possible, he retreats, knowing his work is done. This crap is just so damn predictable. You know, it's actually a little Stalinist.