Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 AM

Default NL $100 Live

1/2 blinds I have ~180 villan1 has ~110 and villan 2 has ~110 also.

A couple reads first. I have been playing fairly tight and doubled up a couple times vs. villan1 and took ~$30 from villan2 when he bluffed.
Villan1 (UTG +1)likes to play every hand. Is a moron that will stack off with any pair and if I have an over pair or TPTK Im looking to get all of it in against him.
Villan2 (CO) is very aggressive and hates calling. He doesnt seem to be good enough to be this aggressive but hasnt been at the table more than 3 rounds.

Im in the BB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 limpers to me I check.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets $15, Villan1 raises to $40 (I say to myself "thank you Im shoving"), everyone folds to Villan2 in CO who raises to $109 all in, hero tanks and does some math figuring these ranges:

Villan1- any pair probably something like A7, K7, 66, A4, 44, 77, 22, (no draws in 3 hours I havent seen him raise with one), over pair (but he would have probably raised PF with 88+ so this is discounted a lot).

Villan2 Same range add draws.

If villan2 doesnt raise I would shove no problem here but now what? I have no FE (not that I have much against villan1 anyways). Im serious when I say he will stack off right here with J4 or 87. Im 95% sure I made the right decision but just wanted to see what others thought. This was the only hand that wasnt an instant decision in 6+ hours (boy I love 33hands/hour single tabling)
Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: NL $100 Live

I'd fold. A 5 might be your only out. And, why get it in on a draw against these people who you could so easily dominate? If this was a tournament and you were shortstacked this would be different.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:23 AM

What if CO folds then what? Or if the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I cant remember ever seeing this kind of spot where I was planning on B3B all in but was beat to the all in. It is an easy fold if these players werent SOOOOO bad.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:25 AM

Defo a fold.

You have what $2 invested in this pot? Its probably an overpair and a flush draw anyway, so you're probably dead to a five.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM

I had $17 invested. I was about 95% sure that Villan1 was going to snap call (even with 1 pair). So I was getting about 30% pot equity here. Putting $94 into a pot of $330.

I folded but didnt know if it was right getting with the equity I was getting and the outs (I thought I had).

Anyways villan1 snap calls and flips over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

villan2 says I have the straight and flush draw and flips over A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] So my fold wound up being very good.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had $17 invested. I was about 95% sure that Villan1 was going to snap call (even with 1 pair). So I was getting about 30% pot equity here. Putting $94 into a pot of $330.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about pot odds, not equity. Equity is, basically, the size of the pot * the % chance you win the pot.

Since given the action most people think you are dead to a 5, you have 4 outs twice, and then have to dodge redraws (unless its 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] of course).

So that means you are have about 15% equity in this pot.

Given how much equity you have, you need about 6:1 pot odds on your call to make it correct. If indeed everyone calls which sis not a guarantee) you're getting 94:330 or about 3.5:1. You have less than half the pot odds you need to make this call, and that's IFF you get an overcall.

[ QUOTE ]
I folded but didnt know if it was right getting with the equity I was getting and the outs (I thought I had).

Anyways villan1 snap calls and flips over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

villan2 says I have the straight and flush draw and flips over A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] So my fold wound up being very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

Your equity if everyone calls is 15% * $330 = ~$49. The cost of the call is $94. Fold.

You need 7:1 pot odds to call. You're getting 3.5:1. Fold.

See the difference between equity and pot odds?