Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Staking arrangement details, advice needed...

Why people get staked is neither here nor there. FWIW I was scammed.

The issue is still there though. It would appear as the player in this deal the minimum they deserve is 70/30 but would that make it worthwhile for the staker? Would it be bad for the player to split 65/35? Or 60/40 and player keeps bonuses + rakeback?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Why someone needs to be staked is very important. It frames the whole situation.

I'm a good player but I don't feel comfortable taking on the whole risk of a $10k tournament buy in = Makes sense.

I'm a good player but I need chump change = Does not make sense.

It raises questions such as if this person is a winning player then why doesn't he have $1250?

If he has confidence in his ability why doesn't he just take a cash advance on his Visa or borrow the money?

If someone can't come up with $2500 on their own then there is something wrong and it sets off massive red flags to anyone with half a brain.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to be staked and coached but don't want to be fully staked because this would seriously reduce my potential earning power over the long-term. The staking would last 300k+ hands so I cant tie myself into a deal where I am playing for only 50% of profits.

However I feel I would earn more, faster if I got the staking (move up stakes) coaching (become a better player).

I was wanting to see what a good deal would be for a staker who is doing this rather than just from my point of view.

Any thoughts? Advice? FWIW I am not great friends with the staker but he staked me before and it was easy and went superbly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it make a lot more sense...

I can not see this as being a good deal for you regardless of how you structure it!!!!

General point of interest/comments/concern:

1..You have a BR of $1,250..You are a winning player at the $50NL level..You DO NOT need the stake..Unless you were previously playing at a much higher level say 2/4..Now because IIRC you were recently scammed you want the stake to move up to your previous level I can understand that..In your OP you state the stake would be for the $100NL to start..If this is true with a BR of $1,250 and being a winning NON American(I think)you are to close to the $100 tables to "share" the winning...The importance of non American id greater access to bonus and free and easy money movement...

2..300K hands is ridiculiouly to long considering your goal and current $1,250 BR..If you want to go forward try a shorter time frame then proceed..Even this in an online environment is long..May be try a weekend split where you each put up $500 and split the profit and losses..

3..The money he is charging may or may not be a good deal IDK who the coach is??..BUT for him(the coach) to be putting up so little(1/2 of BR) and assuming little risk(50/50) I can not see the $300 "coaching" fee..The coaching fee should be part of your "reward" for putting in the work and his insurance that you will "win" thus the "coach" will profit..

Overall I do not think you need the stake..I base this opinion on your post here and your posts in the micro forum..I think you will be selling yourself short in both the short run and certainly the long run if it's over 300K hands...Once again this is a qualifide opinion as I do not know how high you where playing prior to being scammed or how high the stake is really meant to move you up..I assumed it was to only move you to the $100 tables for my opinon..

Now that it's clear I hope I helped..