Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 09-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Fanboy policy

I think it's a fine idea to remove negative fanboyism in most cases. The exception should be if a thread is created specifically to have a smart discussion about 360/Wii/PS3 and even then I think it should be allowed as long as opinions are well constructed.

However, fanboyism has no place in threads where it really isnt related to the topic. If someone makes a Halo 3 topic and a poster comes in says LULZ 360 IS TEH HERP, well then that's certainly pretty pointless and obviously trolling. All that really does is hijack a thread and prevent meaningful discussion.

As a suggestion for a solution, maybe remove that kind of [censored] from other threads an make an **Official Console Wars** thread where people can talk console smack whether it be "YoUr SyStEm SuCkS" or some big long thought out response, then you can just kill all the other fanboyism floating around since you created a place to vent it.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a suggestion for a solution, maybe remove that kind of [censored] from other threads an make an **Official Console Wars** thread where people can talk console smack whether it be "YoUr SyStEm SuCkS" or some big long thought out response, then you can just kill all the other fanboyism floating around since you created a place to vent it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea, IMO a month to month one would be ideal. I really think we should try to weed out the one line responses, they don't do anything.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:35 PM

I think its a horrible idea, but if it does go forward start with dire and nicholas plz.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:20 PM

I like the idea. Better to have a focus point for the negativity for people who enjoy it, where they'll naturally gravitate instead of fouling up other threads with it. Seems like a win/win.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think repeated unsupported negative claims should get a warning, but more censorship than that takes away the heart of any good video game forum.

Someone doesn't have to own a system to know something about it. Just because you own a certain console doesn't mean you are more knowledgeable about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 PM

If this proposal is actually censorship and not just moderating one liners then I strongly oppose it. I'm happy to get rid of the "OMG OMG <SYSTEM> ROX!! LOL" posts, and hijacks/ad-hominem (cough... sharpie) but simply censoring anything that isn't positive is a very bad idea.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this proposal is actually censorship and not just moderating one liners then I strongly oppose it. I'm happy to get rid of the "OMG OMG <SYSTEM> ROX!! LOL" posts, and hijacks/ad-hominem (cough... sharpie) but simply censoring anything that isn't positive is a very bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree wholeheartedly.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 PM

Jared,

You have good judgement. Just outlaw blatant fanboy flaming without defining it and then go Potter Stewart in your approach.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Halo3 roolz PS3 droolz!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Halo3 roolz PS3 droolz!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ!! HaVe fuN plAyinG yOu REX (grossman) BOX 3SH*TTY!!