Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 08-24-2007, 12:47 PM

Default NLTRN - $11 - Two small pocket pair hands

Villain is pretty good – a loser on sharkscope but usually plays higher than this ($11’s) – either way he’s a thinking opponent and I struggled to go 3-2 against him (both of us passed beats back and forth, basically, although his were much sicker than mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

These hands are from different matches, my notes are extensive, but the main strategy note is that villain plays fairly tight early on and then loosens up a LOT as the stacks get shallow. It’s notable and it occurred all 5 matches we played. That said, I haven’t seen any pure bluffs.

***Hand 1 – deep into match 2***

My main read is that villain has often raised preflop with total garbage and then checked it down. That line is also very common with UI Kx hands.

Comments on preflop, the flop bet, and given the flop bet, my reaction to the push appreciated.

Seat 1: Denaldo (1310 in chips)
Seat 2: babybupkr (1690 in chips)
Denaldo: posts small blind 25
babybupkr: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Denaldo: raises 100 to 150
babybupkr: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 200
Denaldo: raises 960 to 1160 and is all-in

***Hand 2 – first hand of match 4***

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Seat 1: babybupkr (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: Denaldo (1500 in chips)
babybupkr: posts small blind 10
Denaldo: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: raises 40 to 60
Denaldo: raises 80 to 140
babybupkr: calls 80
*** FLOP *** [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Denaldo: bets 180
babybupkr: calls 180
*** TURN *** [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Denaldo: bets 300
babybupkr: calls 300
*** RIVER *** [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Denaldo: checks

HOLLA

p.s. primordialaa – my coach – is out of town for 2 months or something. I want a sweet goal to meet by the time he gets back – any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: NLTRN - $11 - Two small pocket pair hands

Hand 1 i think u should really push or fold pf depending on if u think u have any fe. Like against a donk who is gonna call with JT I would just muck but agaisnt someone who might fold KJo or 44 I would jack it in there. I mean u caught ur best non set flop basically and u still dont know what to do.

Hand 2 this your 4th match so u know better then any of us if u can call the flop and turn. Most of the time I would say the whole hand is pretty standard and now I would just show it down.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: NLTRN - $11 - Two small pocket pair hands

I agree with laser. There's no value in betting hand 2 that I can see. Hand 1 if he's c-betting very often you can c/r all in. But I do agree with laser preflop, I don't want to call with 22 against anybody OOP.