Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: need some examples

[ QUOTE ]
warrenH,

I think you're reverting to too much of a limit mindset with every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
[ QUOTE ]

1F) I'd typically suck-bet the turn and river if I feel my flush is best. I could also check through the turn to induce a river bluff, but I feel the opponent will be too scared for this line to be work often.

If villain's folding most non-fluush hands here then there seems to be little value to a turn bet. Also, since our made hand is not going to improve further and we don't want to get blown off of it, it seems like checking through and then making a river decision is better than risking the stack on the turn. If villain is flushing higher, he'll tend bet a similar amount as his bluffs if we check the river. If we bet the turn though, we're likely to either get checkraised or led into on the river in a bigger pot - which is crap for us. The check-through line is very limit based line, but the logic still seems to hold true for me there. I think if you're getting two late street value bets out of a weak flush on a fourflushed board then your villain won't be at the table for long. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking like this: I will bet expecting non flushes to fold, all weaker flushes to call, and only A- and K-high flushes to raise. I expect these assumptions to be reasonable (I play at 10-50NL), and if so, profitable. The more doubts I have about these conditions, the more likely I am to get to showdown cheapest and easiest, provided I think I'm best.

[ QUOTE ]
2F) CR. fold to a RR; probably c-f a blank turn (a lot depends though). can you give a speicific example here? Still feels strangely limit-based, as my instinct is to try to set a bet size to get to showdown from oop - or check and see if he's going to push you off or not. Checkraising feels super dangerous without microstacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

check-raise-fold lines do sound suspect, so I'll feel no surprise if proven wrong. I advocated it because I envision we'll profit from villain's impending cbet + the call out of suspicion/pride. If we are raised, we are probably behind to a better draw, or likely better hand + better draw. Against some players, the CR may be strong enough to fold out higher pairs. If we are called, then we'll probably be ahead, but wish we had just lead the street, because now the pot will be hard to control.

So, now that I think of it, bet folding may be best. I'd want to vbet/pressure overcards + FD and higher pairs w/o a draw, meanwhile, getting away from the hand if there's too much heat.

[ QUOTE ]

3F) a lot depends on the opponent. I'd most likely check call or bet fold, but every line is possible.

again, i'm looking for specific lines even vs specific villains because I need to get the concepts right in my feeble nl mind. any actualy hands played would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be hard to find an example, but I'll think about it. I'm pretty green myself.