Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 07-20-2007, 02:30 PM
 is offline

Default Re: Frequent PF Spot

[ QUOTE ]
You asking with which you are least excited about opening? Or are you asking which is the most foldable to someone setting you in when you make it 2.5BBs on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was asking the second one.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM

raise all of them
Old 07-20-2007, 02:35 PM

55 is worst. AT><KQ - it depends who's pushing. In general, I think KQ holds up better against weaker players reshoving ranges but, tbh, I think the difference is too marginal to matter much and in most cases, with 20BBs, I'd rather open shove than raise/fold.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:48 PM

20bbs is an awkward size for open shoving obviously but it does allow the decision to be on villain entirely. When we make it 2.5BB and then get 3 bet all in you have to instantly throw up with the above hands. Unless ofcoruse you have built a history with your SB and BB. If he knows you';ve been raising real light maybe it's a call. If you're gonna play a10 and kq with open shoves then don't you have to include some big pairs in there to keep things honest and not allow opponents to play perfect?

[ QUOTE ]
Typical $100+ buy-in.

You have ~15BB UTG (no antes). What do you do with any of the following:

KK
KQ
AT
AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Table dynamics. If I'm at a table of nits I raise all of these hands 2.5 except maybe 55. At a table of lagtards I would raise 99, KK, AT and AK.

All, what about limping AK here at an aggro table? Or is 15bbs not a good stack size to open limp AK here (with a plan to shove if raised obv)?

I hate raising AT UTG fsoyars
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20bbs is an awkward size for open shoving obviously but it does allow the decision to be on villain entirely. When we make it 2.5BB and then get 3 bet all in you have to instantly throw up with the above hands. Unless ofcoruse you have built a history with your SB and BB. If he knows you';ve been raising real light maybe it's a call. If you're gonna play a10 and kq with open shoves then don't you have to include some big pairs in there to keep things honest and not allow opponents to play perfect?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it's villain/buyin/image dependent but I'm basically making the point that I wouldn't generally raise-fold AT or KQ OTB with 20bbs.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate raising AT UTG fsoyars

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. If I'm raising AT utg, I'm raising it as a stone-cold utg steal the same way I'd raise ATC utg, which isn't very helpful to this thread.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Registrar... No I understand...sometimes the obvious needs to be said. I myself seem to have the problem of raising too many hands on the button at that stack size. Problem being that when I get shoved on I don't wanna call my last 17.5 blinds with 97s or a5o. Obviously it's table dependent. The right play a lot of the time for me should be to resteal in the blinds when an agro LP guy makes a play at my blinds.

But yes a10 and kq are ahead of the standard agro raising range on the button so in that case I guess I'm obligated to make the call considering my raise range is considered wide.