Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 03:17 PM

Default AK turn play, big pot

Full Tilt 3/6, good game, villain here is decent.

UTG and MP call, button calls, hero raises A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind, BB folds, rest call

FLOP: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, UTG and MP call, button raises, Hero 3-bets, everyone calls

TURN (9.5 BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets, UTG and MP call, button raises, Hero?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: AK turn play, big pot

what does decent mean? could he have KQ here? KT? K3? J9? JT? kind of sick getting 14.5-1 but it could be a fold. depends on how frisky he can get. K3 and J9 make a big difference and probably make it a call if they're possible.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:40 PM

This is the kind of situation when at the table you're pretty sure you're beat. But I think we have to call since to often when you fold this you'll see villain picking up the pot against two busted draws with a twopair thats counterfeited on river or any other hand that you would've beat. Then you risk a tilt and your whole session [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:54 PM

I have folded too many times in this situation to watch the Villain show Kt or someting similar and the fish in the middle a busted draw.

I'm not folding top pair here, no way. Pot odds too good. Try to see a cheap showdown.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:34 AM

With this flop villian could have a multitude of hands, but mostly A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K9-KQ, QT and 33. I think the way the hand was played, villian is most likely holding is QT. However, I call the raise, and if the river doesn't pair the board, come another K or pair our A, I fold the river. Villian could't care less that you 3 bet and lead the turn. He has caught 3 people now to pay an extra bet. It is certainly not a pure bluff. It is a monster or a semi-bluff. The other thing is to consider is even though you may be ahead of the raiser, you may be behind to on or both of the other two callers behind you, or they have a draw that they are calling to that will have you beat ie JQ, JT.

Another consideration that you are drawing dead to a poorly played 99.

The thing we need to estimate is the chance that our villian is raising a strong hand or a monster or a semibluff.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:37 PM

It looks like QT (or possibly a slowplayed flopped set), but I wouldn't be able to find a fold, and I would call down unless someone else woke up later (facing two cold on the river would, in a way, sort of feel like a relief).

If Villain has a pair plus draw, or possibly even just a flush draw and an overcard, then he may like his hand on the turn enough to raise versus three opponents. Plus, you may have some hidden outs. And then the main thing is, the pot is huge.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:51 PM

damn, that's a crappy spot. button could have been raising the flop for a free card with a draw given that his range should include a lot of implied odds type hands. I like the threeball with the other two trapped.

on the turn the only draw that came in was QT,or maybe K9 or J9 and villain's line indicates that he was drawing on the flop and caught on the turn. you're getting 14-1 but you're dead vs the straight, and really can only draw vs the twopair hands in villain's range. Given that there are still two players in between I'd have to estimate that one or both of them is holding a decent [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], which further reduces your equity and the likelyhood that you'll win UI or without a showdown.

I think villain's line is strong enough and your hand has few enough options that you can just fold there. It sucks, but I don't see how you can profit by putting any more in here.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:12 PM

When it got around to villain and he raised the turn after a bet and two calls, I shouted an expletive and insta-folded.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:17 PM

I think you have to call the turn. Big pot + bunch of viable two-pair combos for him. I'd release on the river though, despite not liking it.