Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 07:58 AM

Default NL10 - AQ openshove on turn

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $6.60
<font color="black">BB: $3.30</font>
UTG: $11.15
<u>Hero (CO): $10</u>
<u>BTN: $17.10</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.10</font>, BTN calls $1.10, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $8.40</font>, BTN calls $8.40

<font color="black">River:</font> ($20.65) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

BTN stacked me two hands before with A6 &gt; KK on a 8666x board. I had about 60ct left and instashoved it on the next hand. I sometimes do this to avoid any tilt (expensive but helps). BUUUTTTT he may think im actually on tilt, thats why i played it like that, any thoughts or standard "tilt-play"
Old 04-27-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: NL10 - AQ openshove on turn

Did you think he would fold? If he thinks your tilting you have little fold equity. Did you think your A or Q would hold up and win with just top pair? What range of hands did you put villain on? Aside from stacking you do have any other reads on villain?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:23 AM

No, i wanted him to call me. I gave him a range of all possible sets, straightdraws, flushdraws. for the draws A or a Q might be good, but i doubt it. i gave myself 15 clear outs and thought hes calling with all type of hands i stated. Unfortunately i dont have any reads, he seemed kinda standard, not to donkish but not to good either
Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 AM

I also don't really see how this can be +EV. If you think he thinks that you tilt, and push marginally, you have a lower FE. For this to be profitable, you need FE. You're 2:3 behind if you're really optimistic. So this may be even money w FE, but FE being lower in this case... why push?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:34 AM

With my move i wanted to make him call with the worst hand or in case he has a better hand i have a lot of outs to make the nuts. I always thought thats even money. How can you declare even money with FE? I often here "you have FE" but when exactly do i have FE? Can i calculate it in any way?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 AM

With one card to come you are a clear underdog even with 15 outs: 31:15 = 2:1. You are wagering 3.85:8.40 = 0.46:1. So you need a lot of fold equity to make this move break even...
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM

If you push the FLOP w 15 clean outs, it's at least even money in almost any case. But on the TURN there's only 1 card to come. Assume he is calling w a bad hand, lets take KcTh, then, according to Pokerstove, you're 39:61 behind. And that's pretty much the best scenario for you.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With one card to come you are a clear underdog even with 15 outs: 31:15 = 2:1. You are wagering 3.85:8.40 = 0.46:1. So you need a lot of fold equity to make this move break even...

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at this odds chart and see how your odds look. Even with fifteen outs your not breaking even if you have no fold equity. I don't think hands worse than yours are calling here.

Lost Wages odds chart

Next time you post only show the hand up to the part that you are questioning. In this case stop after you push the turn. Villain calling and the river card are meaningless to how you played the hand and can bias opinions.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:08 AM

I prefer check-call turn and then decide what to do on the river.

I wouldn't push turn with 9 clear outs, pot size is decent when you push, I doubt your FE is very high given he called your flop bet and the board str8end on the turn and also knows you may be tilting.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time you post only show the hand up to the part that you are questioning. In this case stop after you push the turn. Villain calling and the river card are meaningless to how you played the hand and can bias opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. I normally do that. Thanks for the chart.

And thanks everyone else, thought my play was good here, im going to put it into my iexplore favs and overlook it tommorow, im pretty tired atm.