Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 03-09-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Posting blind questions

Hi guys,

forgive me if these questions are really stupid, but i am fairly new to the game and i just got thinking about a couple of things.

1) If a player joined the table and posted straight away, instead of waiting for the big blind, and raised, would you treat it the same as if that player had been at the table for a while when making your decision on what to do with your hand?

Because i was thinking during an online game whether or not the posting acts as a bluffing opportunity..either for the poster or for someone to raise them before they have acted..

2) If when you were playing online and chose to sit out the next hand when you were under the gun, and then post again after the blinds would you save the cost of the small blind per round? and would that be worth doing?

3) with the arrival of someone new to the table and posting immediately would you look to loosen your opening requirements for that hand as there is more money in the pot?

Thanks,

DB [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Posting blind questions

(1) If I saw a player doing this, I would give the raise less credibility. I think he is correctly raising with a much wider range in this situation.

(2) If you do this, you unfortunately have to pay both BB and BB from the C/O, so I think it is a -EV play. You generally may not post from the button, but instead, the C/O. In theory, if you were allowed to sit out UTG then post a single BB from button, I personally believe that would be profitable.

(3) Yes, I would loosen up my starting requirements very slightly.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 PM

1) I assume a raise after posting is a wider range if they no one or only one person limped/raised ahead of them, especially if they are in LP. If say, 3 people limp and then they raise after posting in the CO, then I would treat it as almost a normal raising range for an unknown since it's going to be a multiway pot and I assume they realize that.

2) I don't think it's worth it. As Allday said, having to post the extra dead small blind hurts your winrate. Also, you are giving up playing from the button which should be your most profitable seat and while being in the CO is a good position, you're still stuck with a random hand in what may be a multiway pot.

3) Definitely, both with limping more hands from EP and with iso-raising the poster if given the opportunity.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
iso-raising the poster if given the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. If there is a poster and he has checked it to you in LP with no other players entering the pot before you (this would only happen very rarely), I think you need to raise a wider range of hands to steal/isolate this hand.

However, the poster is left to act after me PF, I am slightly less inclined to want to raise with marginal raising/stealing hands. IMO these players rarely fold for one more bet PF and you're left to play the hand OOP against this guy and the others who come along PF.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Another thing to consider...

If there are other people that entered the pot before the poster raised, then I basically treat that as a normal raise.

If the poster (in LP) opens, then I give the raise less credit.

Typically, if I post CO/HJ and it is folded to me, I am raising almost any two cards here as I get to "steal" for 1/2 price, and put pressure on the few remaining players left to act.