Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Never listen to co-workers!!!!

So I've got a co-worker --- doesn't know anything about poker but she has already raised her kids so I kind of listen to what she has to say --- well sometimes! I've mentioned in the past that I've got a kid that plays poker. Her response -- gambling is bad, it'll screw him up with bad debt, blah, blah, blah. So I learned to not talk about that with her --- but then I forget the other day and start complaining a little bit about Neteller and the fact that they had 5k of my kid's money and he couldn't get to it. "5 THOUSAND DOLLARS???" she said. "Where in the world did a college kid get that kind of money?" My response "I told you, he plays poker!!" She said she had no idea that he could have that kind of money from gambling!! BRAG --- I didn't have the heart to tell her that we had already taken most of the money out a few months ago. . . . . [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Never listen to co-workers!!!!

My mother actually ran into a very similar situation. Some woman started lecturing her on the evils of gambling. My mom took it in stride and said nothing (which actually, knowing my mom, was probably very difficult for her, she's a bit of a firecracker) while I would have went off.

Nothing pisses me off more when people try to paint me as a degenerate addict or tell me to go to GA.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Click my mouse lose our house?

(This is my mom- Beat, Brag, or Variance?)
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

my moms only brother is a super degen gambling addict in chicago. apparently he like goes to the river boats and loses his house regularly or whatever. My mom was unaware of this for awhile. My grandma was talking about someone having a gambling problem and how they lost their house. my mom thought they were talking about me and freaked out, called me and got all worried. I then explained to her that i played for like 100 bucks at a time, and that it was probably my degen uncle. she was slightly less sad.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my moms only brother is a super degen gambling addict in chicago. apparently he like goes to the river boats and loses his house regularly or whatever. My mom was unaware of this for awhile. My grandma was talking about someone having a gambling problem and how they lost their house. my mom thought they were talking about me and freaked out, called me and got all worried. I then explained to her that i played for like 100 bucks at a time, and that it was probably my degen uncle. she was slightly less sad.

[/ QUOTE ]Tell your mom it was you and see if she offers you $$$$??? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 10:10 PM

WOW another dudes mom on this website. Take THAT NWP, we got moms and shhjyt!

Sup mom pics plz?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 PM

i agree about never listening to coworkers, bastards cost me four weeks of unemployment checks.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lady down the block had to sell her house because she lost so much at the riverboats. Then some old dude bought it and flipped it.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW another dudes mom on this website. Take THAT NWP, we got moms and shhjyt!

Sup mom pics plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

You only want them so you can photoshop something fierce.