Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 PM

Default cant you create a political organisation ?

Like not reps not democrats a " WLP " we love poker. Perhaps the next president is Doyle, or hellmuth
Old 10-25-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: cant you create a political organisation ?

That is exactly what the PPA (Poker Player's Alliance). There job is to lobby our legislators. You, me, and anyone else can, and should join: pokerplayersalliance.org. They are not party affiliated, just poker affiliated.

There president has been out on many tv shows lately talking about the bill and educating about poker.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 PM

Default PPA advocates lame duck action, PLEASE ignore them for now

That is an appallingly ignorant view of their track record. They have NO plan, their October "plan" was "send us money and we will fight this during the lame duck session...." a doomed, counterproductive "plan".

They pay no attention to the regulatory process under the Act.

Do not waste any money on them as yet, wait and see what the elections do as far as re-shuffling the legislative deck. If the Dems gain the House, Rep. Frank heads Financial Services and the payment processing deck might be stacked in favor of individual rights. Until the elections are held, you cannot know whose ass is the right one to kiss.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:05 PM

Default Re: PPA advocates lame duck action, PLEASE ignore them for now

I agree, they did a horrible job pre-legislation. I was just responding that they did exist. I would recommend everyone join because now they have gotten lots of press, then vote in new leadership. The equally shameful situation was all these poker sites with truck loads of cash didn't put in any better of a lobbying effort. oops, there goes $7B in market cap.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Serious misconception, PPA is not up for a \"takeover\", sorry

"then vote in new leadership". ????

What makes you think that control of the PPA would be even subject to a vote ? When and how do so-called members "vote" on anything ?

As for the poker site shareholders, too bad .... boo hoo hoo.

That "$7B market value" is simply up for grabs, the contenders are the US based gaming interests who will be influencing the regulatory process and future political action.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Serious misconception, PPA is not up for a \"takeover\", sorry

[ QUOTE ]
"then vote in new leadership". ????

What makes you think that control of the PPA would be even subject to a vote ? When and how do so-called members "vote" on anything ?

As for the poker site shareholders, too bad .... boo hoo hoo.

That "$7B market value" is simply up for grabs, the contenders are the US based gaming interests who will be influencing the regulatory process and future political action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our friend was referring to new leadership in the legislative branch of the government...not so much of the PPA.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Serious misconception, PPA is not up for a \"takeover\", sorry

That makes no sense, although it might be accurate.

They did a horrible job, join now because they are well known ? Hey, why not join the Womens Christian Temperance Union ... they would do a worse job of representing poker and got more press during Prohibition I.