Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Another run-in with the cops.

God, your permanent record is [censored]. And just think, you finally got that black mark for hitting a girl in 2nd grade erased ... For shame.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God, your permanent record is [censored]. And just think, you finally got that black mark for hitting a girl in 2nd grade erased ... For shame.

[/ QUOTE ]
Think I'll ever be able to get a job, or should I drop out of school tomorrow?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 AM

You do know you can just not open the door?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do know you can just not open the door?

[/ QUOTE ]
And what happens when they hear us inside playing video games, while they're pounding on the door? It would be one thing if they didn't know we were in there, but even Helen Keller would have known someone was in the room.

Besides, what reason would I have for not answering the door? We were just hanging out and playing N64...We had no idea the knock on the door was cops, and even if we did, it would be more suspicious if we didn't answer the door or took forever to do so.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:21 AM

Cops have stopped by my apartment on a few occasions. Goes like this. They knock on the door...

Me: "Do you have a warrant?"
Them: "No"
Me: "Good night sir"
Old 11-07-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cops have stopped by my apartment on a few occasions. Goes like this. They knock on the door...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll remember this for the future. In this case, the cops were in my room as soon as we opened the door. From here on out, I'm going to be more careful when I open the door(not just swing it open for whoever.) Smoking or not, if I have stuff in my room, I want to talk to the cops outside my room, rather than them waltzing in when I open the door.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i highly doubt that you ever had this conversation verbatim with a police officer.

he's in a dorm room, not a private residence. there is no way for him to stay holed up in his room if someone from the school wants to enter, especially if there is the odor of marijuana in the hallway near his door.

i think he handled the problem just fine. a better solution would be to open the door, step outside and shut the door behind him. speak to the officers outside with the door shut and politely refuse to allow them to search. "documenting" what happened is just a scare tactic. refusing a search is perfectly within your rights, and can never be used against you in any legal proceeding.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a better solution would be to open the door, step outside and shut the door behind him. speak to the officers outside with the door shut and politely refuse to allow them to search.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I plan on doing in the future. As it happened though, we were all sitting around, so my friend Z just leaned over and opened the door. The door swung open, and the cops stepped right in.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait until you post a TR that involves jail, community service, probation, fines, etc.

Looks like that will be in your future soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
My other post, about the shrooms, displayed my stupidity, and it was definitely a situation that I brought upon myself. This, however was unavoidable. You can argue that I shouldn't keep lots of illegal items in my dorm room, which may be true. That's another debate though. But I also NEVER smoke inside my room, and had I been caught tonight, it would have been a product of bad luck. Not exactly in my hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. DUCY?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait until you post a TR that involves jail, community service, probation, fines, etc.

Looks like that will be in your future soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
My other post, about the shrooms, displayed my stupidity, and it was definitely a situation that I brought upon myself. This, however was unavoidable. You can argue that I shouldn't keep lots of illegal items in my dorm room, which may be true. That's another debate though. But I also NEVER smoke inside my room, and had I been caught tonight, it would have been a product of bad luck. Not exactly in my hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]
My point is that I am using marijuana in a very careful manner. Obviously I could not even mess with weed at all. But the first time I was busted out of pure stupidity. If I had been busted again, it would have been bad luck, through no fault of my own(besides possessing the marijuana)