Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

FYI Christopher Costigan, the owner of gambling911 and the Shakespeare behind that “article,” is based in Miami. I’m just sayin’.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 AM

I just want to post in 911's defense here.

What other organization will you find that gives Costa Rican English-Second-Language students a chance to write journalism?

The New York Times wont, the CBC won't, even 2+2 doesn't.

Give the site credit for giving ESL children a break. So what if they story isn't even accurate. We need to help out these writers who are trying to kick-start their career.

Now why don't YOU try to write good journalism without any English, or grammar, or linguistics education...

And see how YOU like it!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 AM

You know what would be great? If real news sources (such as ESPN.com) would report on this scandal, so everyone could go back to ignoring Gambling911.com, along with their horrible journalistic writing and integrity. Over a week ago, ESPN poker columnist Gary Wise promised us that a new article on the poker scandal would be up on ESPN.com. Why are we still waiting?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What other organization will you find that gives Costa Rican English-Second-Language students a chance to write journalism?
---
Now why don't YOU try to write good journalism without any English, or grammar, or linguistics education...

And see how YOU like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

*snicker*
Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Give the site credit for giving ESL children a break. So what if they story isn't even accurate. We need to help out these writers who are trying to kick-start their career.

And see how YOU like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah sounds like its a nice thing they are doing. good for them. they have uneducated children writing stories for them. nice site.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And see how YOU like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

while hiring ESL students a chance to write journalism on a breaking news story is a very noble cause, gambling911 is doing them all a disservice by letting them A) write factually inaccurate stories and B) not editing the story to be grammatically correct

the writer isnt at fault... the editors are
Old 11-02-2007, 12:18 PM

it's looking more and more like absolute poker is going to survive this awful scandal that in itself is a tragedy.

gambling911's response is entirely about the money
Old 11-02-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over a week ago, ESPN poker columnist Gary Wise promised us that a new article on the poker scandal would be up on ESPN.com. Why are we still waiting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary's still working on it:

11/01/07

I'm telling you, this Absolute story is going to be the death of me. I worked on it all day and there's STILL a substantial amount to go, even though I'm up to around 5,000 words now. For those who don't know, that means ten pages on Microsoft Word. It's a lot.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think Dan Druff has enough money to fight this off. Also, if he doesn't, I'd donate to his defense fund.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone there. I would be absolutely stunned if there wasn't at least mid 5 figures in donations volunteered on 2+2 for DanDruff's defense fund within 24 hours of Seif being foolish enough to file a suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Druff should not be worried about that. I did grind the very low limits at AP for 1-2 years doing 20-30000usd. I gladly donate a portion of that to anyone who are sued by a company or by spokespersons of a company who have cheated there customers.

In my view, it is a disaster if AP survive after this cheating scandal and it is an insult to all honest players if the cheaters are not brought to justice.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes someone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif is part-owner of AP and was aware of fraud by AJ Green and Scott Tom as it occurred, though no proof has yet been found of him taking advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

mindreader? fyi I don't see how seif would be a cheater when by all accounts, he dropped a lot of money at AP.