Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Video $16 Stars

Recorded playing a set of 16 $16. Played stacked, but utilized the other 3 slots on the screen to show some more hands.

I suck at english and the quality of the audio isn't good either, but it's the voice of a champ!

140 Mb for 35 minutes.

Video at Megaupload
Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Video $16 Stars

Am I the only multitabler that doesnt use scripts... bah..
Can you hook me up with ur 2.5x raise late game script, seems like something nice.

Well, the video seems fine, u play super tight early it seems. Dont really like ur theme much, Im gonna record a vid soon of 25 tables or so, so someone can critique me hopefully. You folded alot of medium pp early on with little or no action infront of you.

What time did you record/play this? I only noticed one name(malnek) on the tables u played. Seemed like a pretty easy lineup at the time u played.

The quality seemed fine, if you dont mind can you say what progs/compresser you used, so that I can use something similiar shortly.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you say what progs/compresser you used

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 AM

I should really use scripts like those as well. Overall I thought you played really well considering you were playing all those tables stacked, I would make a lot of mistakes playing like that.

Heres some hands I spotted that I would play differently:

3:23 - 73o push
7:23 - ATo push
9:26 - K8o push
10:20 - A2o fold, since shorty has ~2BBs
11:24 - QJo push
11:42 - A5o given that you raised last time I'd fold. I might limp if BB is passive.
12:07 - A2o fold
12:12 - 65o push
13:19 - AKo I just call, I'd need some sort of read on UTG to push
13:27 - A8o fold, pushing seems just a bit too thin
14:27 - A6o Instafold, this one is ugly
21:31 - 74s I push this, don't tell anyone please [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
30:51 - 54s It looks pretty but I fold without a read BB is super nitty

I also tend to make my value bets a bit larger. I think you let BIGRISKY1 limp a few too many times HU, I would have pushed either the 84s(28:06) or at least the J7o(30:38).

Otherwise well played, hopefully I don't see you at too many of my tables.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only multitabler that doesnt use scripts... bah..
Can you hook me up with ur 2.5x raise late game script, seems like something nice.

Well, the video seems fine, u play super tight early it seems. Dont really like ur theme much, Im gonna record a vid soon of 25 tables or so, so someone can critique me hopefully. You folded alot of medium pp early on with little or no action infront of you.

What time did you record/play this? I only noticed one name(malnek) on the tables u played. Seemed like a pretty easy lineup at the time u played.

The quality seemed fine, if you dont mind can you say what progs/compresser you used, so that I can use something similiar shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there a good betpot script for Stars out there? I only use a little hotkey that looks like this:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>;=========================================== ==================================
;Setting the bet value to 2.5 times the big blind
;================================================= ============================
~WheelDown::
MouseGetPos,,,id

IfWinExist, ahk_class PokerStarsTableFrameClass ahk_id %id%
{
WinGetTitle,title,ahk_id %id%
StringMid,starsBB,title,InStr(title,"/")+2, InStr(title,"/")-InStr(title,"Blinds")-7
bb3h := starsBB * 2.5
StringMid,bb3h, bb3h,InStr(bb3h,".")-1, InStr(bb3h,".")-1,L
ControlSetText, PokerStarsSliderEditorClass1, %bb3h%, ahk_id %id%
}

return </pre><hr />

I love my theme, it's so relaxing with different colors for things so I know exactly what's going on at the table. Can easily spot how many people is left in the SnG, how many players are still in the hand and not that much distracting graphics. Inside the yellow box I can show a Hud, not as disctracting like having numbers all over your table.

I think playing weak/tight is the way to go. I believe a lot of regulars spew chips when they don't have to. To increase my ROI I might have to play a little more, but that little step is very hard to make, since if I don't play the extra hands perfectly, it's worce than a fold. I'm pretty sure I can have a ROI of over 15 % playing this way and it's much more relaxing, so I'm probably goona stick with it for a long time.

Recorded just after 8 pm ET I think. A lot of tables to choose from then and with table selection it's easy to get a lineup you like. That you don't recognize the players is because that I value unknown players pretty high so it's a bigger chance I register against those players.

I used the trial version of Camtasia 4 and their TSCC codec to record this. Next time I will choose a better audio codec though.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 AM

Hi D-jarl,

What is your script for reorganize the table ?
All in one slot + binding key for reorg all... it's rox !
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Heres some hands I spotted that I would play differently:

3:23 - 73o push
7:23 - ATo push
9:26 - K8o push
10:20 - A2o fold, since shorty has ~2BBs
11:24 - QJo push
11:42 - A5o given that you raised last time I'd fold. I might limp if BB is passive.
12:07 - A2o fold
12:12 - 65o push
13:19 - AKo I just call, I'd need some sort of read on UTG to push
13:27 - A8o fold, pushing seems just a bit too thin
14:27 - A6o Instafold, this one is ugly
21:31 - 74s I push this, don't tell anyone please [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
30:51 - 54s It looks pretty but I fold without a read BB is super nitty

I also tend to make my value bets a bit larger. I think you let BIGRISKY1 limp a few too many times HU, I would have pushed either the 84s(28:06) or at least the J7o(30:38).

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like the 3:23 73o push. 14:27 A6o instafold, well, A6o is the worst hand I would push there, so it's very marginal, but I felt folding was a little too weak and I can't raise. This is the only hand I might play different now looking back at the session. All other sugestions are fine, even though I prefer to play it my way.

Playing HU against unknown players I like to have them keep limping so I let them get away with it as much as possible.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi D-jarl,

What is your script for reorganize the table ?
All in one slot + binding key for reorg all... it's rox !

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm beta testing my own script. Trying to automate as much as possible to aid in multitabling.

Moving tables is pretty easy, I just use an hotkey to move tables back in the stack. Since I'm using the Ctrl key with mousebuttons for bet amounts I thought it was easy to use Shift + the left mouse button to move tables. 1600 and 0 is the coordinates for where I want the table. This hotkey moves any table that's under the mouse cursor to that spot and not only Stars tables.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>;=========================================== ==================================
;Moving a table to the preset coordinates
;================================================= ============================
+LButton::
MouseGetPos,,,tableID
IfWinExist, ahk_id %tableID%
WinMove,,, 1600, 0

return </pre><hr />
Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't like the 3:23 73o push. 14:27 A6o instafold, well, A6o is the worst hand I would push there, so it's very marginal, but I felt folding was a little too weak and I can't raise. This is the only hand I might play different now looking back at the session. All other sugestions are fine, even though I prefer to play it my way.

Playing HU against unknown players I like to have them keep limping so I let them get away with it as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think a lot of the close decisions are a matter of preference. I wasn't trying to tell you how to play [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], just comparing with how I usually play. I'm still learning, and I think going through the hands in your video helped me address some things I could improve on.

Also I haven't played much with players you were against, a lot of my decisions at the table are based of HUD stats, etc. So it's hard to say exactly what the right moves are just by watching.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Thanks for scripts. I test it tonight.