Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Sbrugby on 300-600 NL.

AK is deh n00tz u f1sH
Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to all haters, brian is still up like 1.5-2 mil for the year, he just having a little downswing, he will bounce back up!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, up up and away!!!!!

so lets see, he's stuck 4 million yet he's still up about 2 million which means he made 6 million this year. are we talking about brian or paul bunion?

what the heck......its only a little downswing. a few sessions with noataima and bennyamine and the 4 mill is back in the pimp sock

[/ QUOTE ]

More accurately at his highest point this year he was probably up about $4.5 million and since then he's down about $3 milllion, some of this is based on his live results at ultra high stakes where he won nearly $2 million before losing most of that back and the rest is based on his full tilt results.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
brian is damn near break even for the year on plo. kaibuxxe said brian is a break even player at plo. so where do these magical millions going to fall from? nlh? if u add up all the fish........forget the tough players........is there 4 million added up amongst the fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's always noataima...

[/ QUOTE ]

but where is he? like he's in brian's back pocket that he can pull out anytime he wants. noataima destroyed taheho one night. i dont see traheho at those stakes anymore looking for noataima or that game again.

brian cant even beat dimitri nobles or whoever the hell bawonkawonk is so what makes anyone think noataima is "free" money.

brian imo cant stomach another million dollar loss. another million can be lost to anyone at those stakes from brian.

he's playing plo right now. i dont see why.

angelica asked to play heads up and brian doesnt even answer. brian usually jumps at anyone, but now the guys who wouldnt play him heads up before are asking brian to play now. the sharks are swarming.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is that Noataima maybe is the only one who have the bankroll to handle the swings at 300-600.

It's the same about another famous rich guy, Andy Beal. He could with a little luck have "ruined" the corporation.

As we all know, the luck factor in the short run is very big in poker. The luck factor over time have no significans at all. But because of the huge impact in the short run, to play 300-600 is just stupid out of a professional perspective.

Of course if you are loaded with 50 000 000 USD and have proof by experience that you are among the best player in the world, by all means play.

Internet poker is so bizarre at this high stakes level. I grind out my living at very low stakes and have done that for five years. I don't care who I play with and I do not care especially much how much cheating and collusion there are as long as I can pay my bills and get food at the table.

But at this level? Geezzzee..
Who are behind the un-known nicknames? I have not seen some of the real famous consistent winners over the last years and decades at FTP lately. I just see new screen names who play the highest stakes.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 AM

Lol, Zolotow and his big eagle avatar just sat down at the 3-handed PLO game that TerrorOfSweden is destroying.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 AM

And he goes busto the very first hand. (obv his min-buyin of 8k)
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its funny that you say there is so much variance in HU poker, i dont think a worse player could beat me for 5K hands in LHE

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

baron you are obviously very good at lhe, but its also commonplace it seems for 500BB+ downswings lololol at thinking you won't have 5k runs where you get pounded by inferior players

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its funny that you say there is so much variance in HU poker, i dont think a worse player could beat me for 5K hands in LHE

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

baron you are obviously very good at lhe, but its also commonplace it seems for 500BB+ downswings lololol at thinking you won't have 5k runs where you get pounded by inferior players

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like that you guys are telling me about variance in HU LHE when in reality neither of you have any idea.

i however do agree that variance in ring games could lead to 50Kish breakeven streaks.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if Brian bounces back and re-establishes himself then what? Will people still think he is being super double lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]
what if he doesnt bounce back? will people still think his huge rush through stakes was all skill?

[ QUOTE ]
ok so he went from not even knowing the rules of poker, to making that initial 4 million (plus who knows how much more) from nothing in 2 years, and now there's no chance he can recover from his 2 month downswing in 3 years? awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
are you implying he can make 2 million per year if the online games stay alive? that brians 2 year run to 4 million is based solely on his skills and he could repeat it at any given day?

there are a lot of examples of players going on +20 buy-in rushes in very short periods of time. when a rush like this happens to a known good player all the credit goes to his skill. when the same rush goes in the opposite direction (downswing) its all because of bad luck. awesome.

people who say that he can just drop down and grind his way back are forgeting one of the biggest factors in poker, the mentality of the player (ego, mindset etc.). once youve played 300/600 its pretty hard to play your A game at lower levels (bored money syndrome).

when youre losing over 20 buy-ins its not just the money youre losing, youre also losing confidence and starting to question yourself. in this state you dont even know if youre playing well or not and the worst you can do is blame all your losses on "the downswing".
Old 08-14-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if Brian bounces back and re-establishes himself then what? Will people still think he is being super double lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]
what if he doesnt bounce back? will people still think his huge rush through stakes was all skill?

[ QUOTE ]
ok so he went from not even knowing the rules of poker, to making that initial 4 million (plus who knows how much more) from nothing in 2 years, and now there's no chance he can recover from his 2 month downswing in 3 years? awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
are you implying he can make 2 million per year if the online games stay alive? that brians 2 year run to 4 million is based solely on his skills and he could repeat it at any given day?

there are a lot of examples of players going on +20 buy-in rushes in very short periods of time. when a rush like this happens to a known good player all the credit goes to his skill. when the same rush goes in the opposite direction (downswing) its all because of bad luck. awesome.

people who say that he can just drop down and grind his way back are forgeting one of the biggest factors in poker, the mentality of the player (ego, mindset etc.). once youve played 300/600 its pretty hard to play your A game at lower levels (bored money syndrome).

when youre losing over 20 buy-ins its not just the money youre losing, youre also losing confidence and starting to question yourself. in this state you dont even know if youre playing well or not and the worst you can do is blame all your losses on "the downswing".

[/ QUOTE ]

........because it "is" a downswing.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 PM

I think Baronzeus is actually pretty accurate - obviously he is referring to people he has a clear edge on rather than those he is .1bb better than.