Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: WSOP Pay Per View

[ QUOTE ]
Any Europeans out there with experience streaming ESPN online? I'm a little concerned that the stream will lag due to ping/distance etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worked fine for me last year
Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM

Still looking for a backer for a dvd copy. $30. Must be a frequent poster. Money will be paid via PSTARS. Also must be a decent condition.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
StepBangin, you have have it on channel 252. Espn Gameplan. I have time warner also, if you zoom ahead on the channel to 3 pm, it shows up as World Series of Poker Final Table Live! but you cannot order it yet even though it is less than 15 hours from starting. When will we be able to order? Anyone order it through time warner cable? I don't really wanna call but i will if neccesary.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you figure out how to order it, will you shoot me a PM? I will be at work until about 2:45pm and would like to order it ASAP

[/ QUOTE ]

its on channel 252 at 3 pm, but its off-air til then. i called their office in findlay and they said i should be able to order it via my remote but im not able to so i guess i have to wait until 3 pm exactly to order it because they couldnt order it from the store for me

Sent to StepBangin in an IM, but figured I could x-post here. Time Warner kinda sucks.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched it last year on the free link and it was excellent and am going to pay for it this year. Can someone confirm that I can watch from different locations - would like to watch some at home and some at work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, at least this was possible last year, they didn't lock it to your IP from when you first started watching it. I was able to start watching it at work and continue later at home.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:12 AM

Does anyone know if I'll be able to order the web version an hour or two after it starts? I won't be able to get it at work but I'd like to check it out once I get home.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

anybody with a time warner dvr, will the dvr record a ppv show? i seem to remember reading that it wouldn't, but maybe that was just in demand ppved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried last year when I had to go to sleep at 2:30AM (NY time) and it would not record to DVR.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd watch it for free again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year someone posted a link that got you the feed for free... anyone have details on how to do this again this year??

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone ??
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On FIOS its listed in 2 hour blocks and when you buy it gives you the option to record. So I assume it will adjust itself when it actually airs. It [censored] better bc I'll be at work for the first 2 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have FIOS too and saw the same thing, but then I went to 'DVR' 'add recording' and found the full final table show listed ("Pay-per-View Programs', the ESPNPPV channel (702 for me) starting tomorrow at 3pm Eastern). I purchased it from there and if all goes well will be recording it from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

FIOS here too - I love the FIOS service but their DVR functionality compared to TiVO's sucks. I have purchased the PPV and set it to record but right now, just a few hours before start, it still shows it in 2 hour blocks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if what actually records is the first 2 hours. If you happen to be watching it (I will) and it goes over 2 hours, then hitting the record button should get the next block without having to purcahse anything else.

Verizon/Motorola need to work on their DVR user interface and keeping their guide info up to date.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Not certain about this, but I think posting pirated links or anything related to it is pretty frowned upon here since last year.

Of course, I'd prefer it because my other roommates dominate the one TV in the house and my PC has a 17 inch monitor. Not worth $20 to watch it on that.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM

is there free audio coverage somewhere on the internet at least?
Closed Thread