Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Here i am at micro limits

Hi all, i'm planning to post in this forum quite a bit now so let me give you a bit of my poker background.

I've been playing poker for around 3 years now, I started off playing low stakes sng's and MTT's and deposited $50 3 times, lost the lot and at the 4th attempt finally made a breakthrough when I won an MTT for $3k finally giving me a bankroll with which to work with.

Over the 3 years I've been a winning but unspectacular player, I moved away from sng's to cash about two years ago, initally at full ring and for the last year or so at 6 max. Most of my play has been at 200, 400 and 600 NL. My overall profit over the 3 years has been slightly over $20k, not great, but not bad for what is essentially a hobby for me.

On Friday night I finally went busto, for the first time since I've been playing poker.

I feel I have 3 major flaws which have been stopping me acheiving what I want in poker.

Firstly, I am (was) always dipping into my bankroll, which was preventing me from moving up like I would have liked and prob led to me not giving my full concentration in games, just feeling I can beat this level without any effort because I know I can beat the levels above this etc..very stupid.

Secondly, while I have read all the major poker texts, joined the training sites etc, I have been too lazy to evaluate my own game, while I keep having good intentions to review my sessions and analyse my game, it just becomes easier to load up some tables and start playing again.

Finally, I've recently been prone to bad tilt and bad bankroll management, which has led to my current position.

Having gone broke I decided that I would quit poker and spend my time on other things, then I remembered that I had a really small sum of cash in Stars, where I havent played in ages, I log in and sure enough I have $100 to play with.

So i'm going to give it one last effort, I've been a member of 2+2 for a while but haven't been very active and more of a lurker. My intention going forward is to really make an effort with my game. I plan to really start to analyse my own game, and to read this forum and post and comment on hands.

I've always had quite a tag 18/14 game, but have been making (unsuccessful) efforts recently to open up.

I started playing over this weekend at $10NL and intend to play a LAG style and really work on fixing my leaks and not moving up until I have at least 30BI's for the level above and been prepared to move back down if things don't go well at the new level.

Things have started well at $10NL I've got in 3,000 hands, playing a 38/30 game (far more LAG than I've ever played before) and with a ridiculous winrate of 27bb/100.

So wish me luck and hopefully I will participate in some interesting debates in this forum!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Here i am at micro limits

gl and nit up a bit. 38/30 is rediculously too laggy
Old 11-04-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gl and nit up a bit. 38/30 is rediculously too laggy

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Yeah I figure 38/30 is pushing it a bit! And it doesn't fit in with my plan to really develop my optimal game. But while they are letting me run them over so easily it's just so tempting to raise/c-bet/take it down. I will nit up a bit though I think something around 23/20 is more what I'm looking for.

Also if anyone has a good indication what a solid LAG's stats should look like for Won $ WSF and AF let me know. My small sample has me at W$SF at 45.07 and AF overall at 2.4, split being 3.2/1.71/1.61. I've always struggled to be aggressive enough postflop I think.
Closed Thread