Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

Looking at this last episode, it would have been more fair to James and Aaron, if both teams had the same strategy of slacking in the challenges, and basically letting James, Aaron, Frosti and Sherea battle for their survival.

In the big picture of the show, what happened in tonights episode is probably what they wanted. The whole idea was probably to even up the teams going into the merge so that it wouldn't be one team completely wiping out another.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 AM

...but at least there in justice in red voting off yellow one by one because they were the better tribe. then when its just the red 7...the fun begins. thats how it was back in survivor one and it wasnt very dramatic but it seemed just. and then if some james like super-human can keep winning immunity things get interesting.

i think it would be cool if (have they ever done this) had some challenge where last place just got the boot or maybe the bottom 2/3/4 were the only ones eligible to be voted off.

a beast mode season would be awesome too. could u imagine 16 james each week. OMG i would love it. who cares if there are no chicks (well there are some super human chicks i guess) but the winner of the million would just be the guy/girl that could straight up own other super humans every 3 days on little to no food and bad sleep and poor dental hygene. i would watch that show. it would be like american gladiators (welcome back btw) but with some survival elements.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 AM

Oh where to start. This 'terrible twist' has certainly generated a lot of posts. I'm not happy about Grave Digger being in danger, but I AM very interested in seeing PG and Jaime pay for their actions. Seems like that's what these reality shows boil down to so often...I'm left rooting against people instead of FOR them because the ones I liked got speared. I don't think its time to panic yet on that front. I like Frosti and I like Erik so I'll hold out a little hope for a while.

PG and Jaime may actually have done JRB a big favor. It's weird. I think he's a hole, yet I can't help but feel badly for him when people rip on him for fairly benign comments and actions. However, someone should have warned him before he went on the show that rule number one in basic Survivor strategy is "Don't tell anyone to do anything." Even if it needs to be done and is in the person's best interests as well as the tribe's. Don't say it. People, especially the lazy ones, get all bent out of shape when you order them around. They are likely to rant about how they are an adult and don't need you telling them what to do. Take Sherea for instance: says, "I can cook." Then, when JRB suggests that she do so, she flies off the handle about it. And it wasn't like he was sitting around dictating orders and not doing anything himself. He started some rice and was going to go get some fish and shrimp. Perhaps he can be faulted for approaching people about getting up to do things while they are still in bed, but...{shrug}. Anyway, I'm not sure how the vote goes if his tribe goes to council, so maybe he got a repreive.

Something that really bugs me about Survivor...why in Heaven don't the strong ever band together? Don't they realize that they are each other's only protection? If they don't get together, they garauntee that they will eventually get picked off by the snakey people that are too weak or uncoordinated to win a challenge. Just once, I would like to see the strong competitors band together and be bold enough to go every man for himself against the other strong competitors. Instead it is common to see #2 strategizing with others that #1 needs to go home, when its clear that once #1 is gone, #2 becomes the primary target. {sigh}

To the person who was pipe dreaming about James negotiating with his tribe and playing both sides. I'd be very surprised if that happened. There was a reason they kept him and sent Aaron home. Grave Digger wouldn't be caught dead voting for Aaron so he didn't make any of his tribe members upset. Huge physical threats with poor diplomacy skills just do not make it much past the merge in Survivor.

{sigh} I just hate it when people throw challenges. I always want to see that punished. More so this time because they were so smug about it.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:22 AM

Don't know if this was discussed already, but why was Sherea picked as a strongest player? Erik and Frosti seemed like the obvious choice to me especially knowing the other tribe would take James and Aaron.

Did they explain their choice in the episode?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:31 AM

I thought for sure after the immunity challenge they were going to tell them they could not vote off any of the kidnapped tribe members.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:03 AM

that would have been a great idea.

throwing the challenge is whatever. acting like idiots about it is a whole different story. if james gets eliminated based on anything other than merit next episode, i'm retiring from watching survivor
Old 10-19-2007, 04:18 AM

Look I like James as much as anybody but he is playing completely on the level. That isn't really rewarded in survivor.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:30 AM

With PG and Jaime: I don't think they should be getting hate from fans for throwing the challenge, because given the twist in the episode, that was the correct strategic move, whether you like it or not.

I do agree that they acted very childish with all the giggling, like they were 6th graders picking on someone.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if this was discussed already, but why was Sherea picked as a strongest player? Erik and Frosti seemed like the obvious choice to me especially knowing the other tribe would take James and Aaron.

Did they explain their choice in the episode?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only time that tribe lost was when they had guy vs guy and girl vs girl challenges

they needed a strong girl for those type of events
Old 10-19-2007, 04:32 AM

i look forward to seeing how James acts next week. If I was him I would eat every bit of food they had.