Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Needle did you see MoJo got fined for the ATM celebration last week? Sigh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you know that David Terrell did the ATM celebration like 5-6 years ago? I'm serious, he even scored a TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you remember these things? I guess the Bears games are shown in your area so it's not that suprising actually.

MJD's celebrations are usually pretty weak(the hula thing last year??). As long as he is having fun whatever, the fans tend to go with him when he does those things so whatever. He can afford it.

[ QUOTE ]
Cannot wait for next week.. I'm so excited!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited too, but realisticly I can't see the Colts losing to Jax here. They are coming off a bye week, they are getting healthy, they most likely want to make amends for the last time they were in Jacksonville, and they have looked mighty this year except for an almost let down vs a tough division foe.

Colts are a real deal team this year and something tells me that the Pats-Colts game in Nov is going to be between 2 undefeated teams.

If Barnes is still hobbling it is going to scary what Freeney should do to him. Barnes just isn't quick enough at full speed to deal with Freeney(we saw that last year) I don't even want to see what Freeney will do to him if he is slow off the ball.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the Garrard implosion game, and everything points to this being it. A strong defense, a lot of hype, the biggest game in Jacksonville prolly since Jan 22, 2000, and his recievers just falling apart this past week.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 PM

I think the game sets up pretty ugly for Jacksonville as well but traditionally the staff has done well in these types of games. I think if the offense executes like last week minus the mistakes, we should be able to control the game enough to stay in the game. The defense can't play as porous as they did though. Need a sick amount of pressure and better play from RFN. I strictly watched him for 70% of the defensive plays & he just seems too far away from the play almost always. Obviously that has a lot to do with scheme but I would like to see him just a few feet closer to the LOS, intimidate WRs, and lay some hits. Peyton is going to hit some routes regardless, need to make the WRs' pay and or pick 1-2 to have a chance.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 PM

I'm trying to get tickets. Would be sick!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 AM

I wish I could fly down there and go to it just for the hell of it, but I definitely waited too long to get tix.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 AM

Ha, normally Jags would be begging for people to come down but this is one game that, that really won't be the case.

Actually discussing the blackout situation I have heard good things. Many say that a lot of season tickets were lost over the past season was most likely the recession that JAX is going through. This hopefully is a temporary situation, I'm sure Russ knows much more about the situation.

Also with Packers and Stillers on board for next year I'm sure much much more season tickets will be sold just for that. Not to mention the game was basically a sellout this past weekend. Blackouts aren't the issue if the stadium fills up. I'm not as worried as I have been all season. Fans are going to the games and that is the important thing. Weaver won't move this team if fans are filling those seats.

This is a good time to be a Jaguar fan, win or lose this Monday it is. Especially with an upcoming schedule that does favor JAX. But, if JDR and the Jaguars want a division crown, and I know they do, winning this week is a must. You have to at least split and beating Colts at RCA is nearly impossible so they have do it this week at home.

All Day. All Night. All Teal. Go Jaguars.

And I know its stupid but because they are playing the Colts and it was a fun moment for the Jags and I do like Byron, my favorite BL picture.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:12 AM

AFC South Week 6 in Review:

HOU 17 @ JAX 37

An interdivisional game this weekend provided the Jaguars with a chance to excercise some demons from their past. Having lost their last two games against the Texans, JAX wasn't going to let this game slip away. The JAX offense scored often and the running attack never let up. The 1-2 punch of RB Maurice Jones-Drew and RB Fred Taylor proved too much for HOU to handle.
HOU let this game slip away early following a fumble and falling victim to one of the worst rules in football (fumbles out of the endzone resulting in a touchback). Still, HOU had very little to offer JAX in the long run, and whatever momentum HOU started the season with, it's likely all gone to JAX.

JAX
Offense=B+
Defense=B-
Special Teams=B
Coaching=B

HOU
Offense=C-
Defense=D+
Special Teams=B-
Coaching=D+

TEN 10 @ TB 13
TEN was hit hard by the injury bug this week. Losing QB Vince Young (Day-to-Day) with a leg injury early certainly didn't help their chances. Their sputting offense and suddenly pourus defense didn't help either.
The game was largely uneventful (save for QB Kerry Collins making a backwards spike that, if not for a referee's opinion, would've been a gimmie fumble) until the final few series when TB CB Ronde Barber had three turnovers either overturned or given back via his fumble. Finally TEN put together a solid TD drive but oddly it was teh TEN defense that gave up the winning drive to QB Jeff Garcia and TB.

Offense=C
Defense=C-
Special Teams=B
Coaching=C

Cody
Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 AM

The Monday night game is going to give us something we haven't really seen before, the Colts in a revenge game. The last time they played the Jags they got embarrassed, easily the worst loss since the playoff shutout against the Jets in '02. The Colts playing angry could be downright scary.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Monday night game is going to give us something we haven't really seen before, the Colts in a revenge game. The last time they played the Jags they got embarrassed, easily the worst loss since the playoff shutout against the Jets in '02. The Colts playing angry could be downright scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The Manning Colts are the most mechanical team I've ever seen. When they blow a 21-0 lead to Oakland they lost to them again in the dome the following year. When they lost to the Marino/Fiedler Dolphins at home they lost again at home like 4 times in a row. The Pats games, well obv. When they beat a team 4 times in a row they never take them lightly the 5th time. They're just not a team that really feeds off of the emotional intangible stuff. I think this is part of why they're more consistent than other teams.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 AM

I've seen Marvin get worked up a couple of times against the Patriots. I think he really doesn't like them and wouldn't do this against any other team.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...09416785287468

(sorry for corny video but it's the only video I could find of that play)

I agree that the Colts won't play any harder on Monday than they normally do.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The Manning Colts are the most mechanical team I've ever seen. When they blow a 21-0 lead to Oakland they lost to them again in the dome the following year. When they lost to the Marino/Fiedler Dolphins at home they lost again at home like 4 times in a row. The Pats games, well obv. When they beat a team 4 times in a row they never take them lightly the 5th time. They're just not a team that really feeds off of the emotional intangible stuff. I think this is part of why they're more consistent than other teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, Noodle is right. Remember back to the DEN games where the Colts lost and then bounced back.

I agree with what you're saying in principle though, Peyton and Co. would probably score the lowest on the "play-by-emotion"-o-meter of any team in the NFL (were it possible to measure such a thing LDO).

Cody