Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In a 3way pot, on a really rag flop such as 7high, do you cbet 1st to act?
Yes 11 68.75%
No 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Ask Anacardo about his personal life!

VR,

Thanks! Though, truth be told, I should probably aim to lower the "complicated" factor to a significant degree. Mah head. Maaaaaaah head.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah head,

T. d A. y C.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1-don't know her but maybe she was perturbed and getting really tense and didn't lie exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentiment is precisely the source of that saying, "Men and women have one thing in common: neither of them trust women."

Being tense is no excuse for lying.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1-don't know her but maybe she was perturbed and getting really tense and didn't lie exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

She claimed that he sent her 20 text messages. In reality, the number was nowhere near that. The only reason she inflated the number that much was to make Anacardo look bad. She just never thought that she'd get caught in her lie.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She claimed that he sent her 20 text messages. In reality, the number was nowhere near that. The only reason she inflated the number that much was to make Anacardo look bad. She just never thought that she'd get caught in her lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Anacardo's verbosity felt like 20
Old 07-30-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Anacardo's verbosity felt like 20

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he'd freely admit this as a possibility. Disappointing to see this trainwreck end so well for everyone, with them making up and all but there it is. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swore I was done with this thread, yet here I am again.

This is untrue. I did not make that claim to make him look bad. I said he called or texted me 20 times (ok, I didn't count. I just saw "lots" of missed calls and text message from him) because I was very very upset. I told people because I was scared, freaked out, and couldn't figure out how to deal with the situation. I wanted advice, and I went about it the wrong way apparently.

I was wrong to reveal information about his previous relationships. I have apologized to the people more directly involved in that.

I still think his behavior was scary and inappropriate. You guys may disagree with me. I believe a line of misunderstanding between males and females is that guys do not go around on constant defense like chics do. Within reason (NOT saying this is anacardo), for how often do you hear about men being stalked, kidnapped, raped and murdered? But if that happens to me again, I will still react by trying to get as far away as possible. And if I happen to care about the person, as I did cardo, I will probably try to figure out a way to salvage things. Life just sucks that way.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how often do you hear about men being stalked...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh...glad you guys are all good anyway.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
come on man, whorish? f that. dont make me give some lame ass double standards speech here, but calling her names is just a lame way to go here.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? From what little we've learned she seems to sleep with guys before even getting to know them. She is currently sleeping with a guy who has no interest in her other than as a good lay. What would you call that?

"lame double standards speech"? I have no idea how this relates to what I said.

"name calling"? These are adjectives, not names. She seems whorish in her promiscuity, juvenille in her reaction to cardo's interest, and vindictive in her responses in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
In general I would refrain from forming opinions this strong given that we don't know all of the facts... but that's just me.

Your mileage may vary.

(and for the record, if i was on anyone's "side" in this thing it would have been Anacardo's)
Old 07-30-2006, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CSC,Until then, do as many drugs/women as possible, lie, cheat and steal, because in the future, you won't let yourself get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no problems at all with people having different moral views and world views.... but I would certainly object to equating sex with things that are both against the law and way more offensive.

(Not to get super nerdy but I think a strong sexual moral code kind of goes against our instincts to both survive and reproduce.)

Anyway, if you think it's bad that's cool and all but is it really that bad?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:35 PM

(last comment on the topic, I swear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

nice post tpir.

On the topic of cheating/stealing: I dont do these things because I find them to be wrong. Im not saying I dont have morals, Im saying there are no absolute moral truths, and nothing is objectively "wrong"

CSC, I missed this post:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

You seem to think you made all of these decisions, and came to these moral conclusions on your own.

Do you think you would have made the same conclusions if you were reared in an Arab country? Do you think your feelings on sex would be the same if you were born into a community that practice polygamy?

(there is a thread in SMP now, so this hijack can officially move)