Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I am trying to watch the tutorial video but can't get it to work. It just keep saying I need to download flash even after I do.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to watch the tutorial video but can't get it to work. It just keep saying I need to download flash even after I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a REALLY old version of the program... Not sure why it is giving you the error but I should actually take that down.

I'm going to create a "Screen Shots" page on my site that should better show what it can currently do but your best bet is to just download it and give it a try.

rvg
Old 09-15-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just installed it and it doesn't work for me. I already used SQL for pokertracker and it worked perfectly but your program says it cannot connect. So I uninstalled SQL and reinstalled it but now the installation won't work properly, there is a "data directory error" "the specified data directory is not empty."

[/ QUOTE ]

When you install postgres the second time uncheck "initialize database cluster" during install

[/ QUOTE ]

already tried that but then holdemmanager does still not work, same error

/e: hmm might have the wrong password, how can I find it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me. I started with a clean slate and I'm now up and running! Here is what I did. Windows - Control Panel - Add/Remove. Remove PostgreSQL. Then went to C:/Proram Files, deleted the PosrgreSQL that was still there even after running the Remove function as stated above. Then emptied my recycle bin. Then re-started my computer. Then reloaded PostgreSQL as instructed.

The download instructions are somewhat confusing. On the 'Service configuration Account' box make up a new account name, don't leave the one shown by default, if any, and then make up a new pass word.
On the 'Initiate Database Cluster' box enter for user enter 'postgres' for password enter 'postgrespass' THESE then are the ones you enter in the HM - Options-Dtabase box to add this database to HM.
I could be wrong about all this, i know jack [censored] about computers, but this worked for me finally as a result of multiple trials and errors. Good Luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this and glad you are up and running.

rvg
Old 09-15-2007, 07:48 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to create a "Screen Shots" page on my site that should better show what it can currently do

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be nice
Old 09-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Hey, I would like to try running this software but am on a mac. I have PostgreSQL and the latest Mono project (1.2.5) to run the .NET client. Now, I'm a technical n00b, but am capable of installing basic source files. Is there anyway I could get the beta software in a form that I might be able to use? Or, is there a way I *might* be able to handle an executable? I'm not expecting success here, but I figured I could give it a shot on a G4 chip if no one has tried it yet.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:59 AM

RVG,

I just did a complete reimport of 65k PS PL hands with 14 errors.

From what I see it looks as if the characters

>
<
and
&

in player's S/Ns

might be the culprit.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 PM

Hi, Nice software, i have couple of issues, hope some1 hasnt said it alrdy..

1: I imported my OLD PT database but the figures seemd to be wrong, it showed me -20k when i was up 90k. it was also missing some of my other usernames on I poker,

I uninstalled and reinstalld everything, and didnt import my old DB, started a fresh one.. and it seems to be working OK now.

2: ive been reviewing some of my hand histries, would be nice if there was some sort of ODDs calculator or something, to work out ur equity while replaying a hand. sorry if there is an option and im too dumb to see where it is :P

Otherwise so far so good for the Software, gnna take a lot of gettin used to but along with stove and some datamining this could be pretty usefull piece of kit..
Old 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM

Since the hud probably wont be available for awhile is there any way to get pokeracehud to work with holdemmanager
Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM

Does it work with gamtime ? PAhud doesnīt work well on vista - one of the reasons i canīt wait for the new hud to be released.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I would like to try running this software but am on a mac. I have PostgreSQL and the latest Mono project (1.2.5) to run the .NET client. Now, I'm a technical n00b, but am capable of installing basic source files. Is there anyway I could get the beta software in a form that I might be able to use? Or, is there a way I *might* be able to handle an executable? I'm not expecting success here, but I figured I could give it a shot on a G4 chip if no one has tried it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be trying to make HM work on OSX through mono but it is something I'll need to do - I don't think you would be able to do anything besides test when I have it working.

[ QUOTE ]
I just did a complete reimport of 65k PS PL hands with 14 errors.

From what I see it looks as if the characters

>
<
and
&

in player's S/Ns

might be the culprit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, a " cuases a problem as well. Thought I had them all taken care of but looks like I missed a couple.

[ QUOTE ]
it showed me -20k when i was up 90k. it was also missing some of my other usernames on I poker,

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker exports ipoker hands in a poker tracker format instead of the original xml format of ipoker. I will eventually be able to import these PT ipoker exports but it doesn't work at the moment.

[ QUOTE ]
2: ive been reviewing some of my hand histries, would be nice if there was some sort of ODDs calculator or something, to work out ur equity while replaying a hand. sorry if there is an option and im too dumb to see where it is :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Equity will be in there for sure - probably not for a few of weeks though since it isn't super high in the priority list at the moment.

[ QUOTE ]
Since the hud probably wont be available for awhile is there any way to get pokeracehud to work with holdemmanager

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ask them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Once I finalize the DB structure the HUD won't take long to finalize. For now I'd suggest taking a look at MikeChops free HUD. It doesn't use HM's database but all it needs are hand history files to build its own database and as far as stats that are important in todays games (ie 3bet / float / vpip&pfr by position etc) it is by far the best HUD available.

rvg