Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: AA waits till turn

Without a read that BB is a very bad player I think we must give some credit to his donk here. He knows that no overcards will fold and still he donks. When UTG+1 calls we have a overpair in a multiwaypot with a drawy board. A raise on the flop gives no protection it just builds the pot and I don't think we have equity to raise for value on this flop even if we have the best hand at the moment. Also UTG+1 will call 1 SB for sure if we raise and then we just drag him deeper in this pot. If we let BB bet again on turn UTG+1 will have worse odds if he's on a draw. Depending on what card comes on turn and how the action goes I can see a raise on the turn but there is a lot of turncards that you don't want to see.

Another benefit of not raising flop is that if BB is bluffing or betting a pair less than TP we kill the action. If he has a good hand (better than our one-pair) why give him the chance to c/r on turn? When you have aces on a board like this and ther is a bet and a call in front of you you must think a little longer than that you have aces and must raise. What can they have? Can you protect your hand? How do you extract value from worse hand and don't loose to much against better hands, How do you play turn if a scary card comes etc etc. An overpair is a strong hand but in a multiway hand on a drawy flop with action up front you must start playing poker.