Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Ron Paul being ousted by Fox - Needs your help NOW

For those of you who don't know, Ron Paul is a Libertarian running as a Republican Presidential candidate. He is a friend of poker, the internet and all of us. He would abolish all attempts to regulate the Internet and wrote a beautiful speech when he voted against the UIGEA (the version in the House).

Anyway, Fox news will be hosting the next Republican Debates on May 15 (after that date this thread can be deleted). Although Ron Paul has paid 25k to be a part of the South Carolina ticket (where the debates are being held) Fox news is preventing him from taking part in the debates.

Please act NOW. We don't have much time.

Please send an email to Fox News asking that Ron Paul be included in the debates. I have a "typical" message you can use below or write your own. The more of us that flood their emails with requests the more likely it is that they will change their minds. We have won battles like this before.

Here is the typical email:

"As a loyal Fox viewer I ask that you include Ron Paul in the South Carolina Debate. I feel Dr. Ron Paul embodies the true ideals our nation stands for, and his views and plans need to be heard. Please remain the Fair and Balanced network by including Dr. Ron Paul, otherwise I will find my news elsewhere."

Here are the email addresses. Sorry it is long, but you can cut and paste the whole list at once. Also, if some folks would occasionally reply to this "thread" then this can stay at the top. I don't know how to make this a "sticky":

TO CALL FOX NEWS CHANNEL:
1-888-369-4762
TO E-MAIL COMMENTS:
Comments@foxnews.com
AmericasNewsroom@foxnews.com
Beltway@foxnews.com
Myword@foxnews.com
Bigstory-weekend@foxnews.com
Bigstory-weekend@foxnews.com
Bullsandbears@foxnews.com
Cash@foxnews.com
Cavuto@foxnews.com
Fncimag@foxnews.com
Forbes@foxnews.com
Friends@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Feedback@foxnews.com
Jamie@foxnews.com
Feedback@foxnews.com
Fncspecials@foxnews.com
FNS@foxnews.com
Newswatch@foxnews.com
Foxreport@foxnews.com
Foxreport@foxnews.com
Atlarge@foxnews.com
Hannityandcolmes@foxnews.com
Heartland@foxnews.com
JER@foxnews.com
Lineup@foxnews.com
Martha@foxnews.com
Ontherecord@foxnews.com
Oreilly@foxnews.com
Redeye@foxnews.com
Special@foxnews.com
Studiob@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Cavuto@foxnews.com
Hemmer@foxnews.com
colonelscorner@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Fatherjonathan@foxnews.com
Drmanny@foxnews.com
Lisonlaw@foxnews.com
Housecall@foxnews.com

Thanks all.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul being ousted by Fox - Needs your help NOW

I appreciate the effort you've put into your post, but you can't seriously consider any Libertarian as a viable presidential candidate.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 PM

I will send an e-mail Jeffiner, because I support Mr. Paul and free speech.

But no way will I ever put in writng that I am a "loyal Fox viewer" nor acknowledge them as "Fair and Balanced." [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will send an e-mail Jeffiner, because I support Mr. Paul and free speech.

But no way will I ever put in writng that I am a "loyal Fox viewer" nor acknowledge them as "Fair and Balanced." [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. But it doesn't matter. Any note you send will help. The more the better.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate the effort you've put into your post, but you can't seriously consider any Libertarian as a viable presidential candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we have a chance because he is running as a Republican. Besides, I vote for whom I want for President, not who I think will win. If we all thought like that then why not a Libertarian? I think the ideals appeal to most Americans if they only knew what they were. I also think that most people who don't vote are Libertarians.

We will never get what we want if give up. We will certainly never get it by voting for a different guy.

So why not dream? It could happen. Is it better to support something you want or remain silent?

Come on. We can do this!!!!!

Rah rah rah team.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 PM

Done.

We should all send a note simply because he's a good friend to our movement. Also, he provides great contrast to the other candidates who claim to support limited government while proposing expanding the role of government.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 PM

I appreciate the effort you've put into your post, but you can't seriously consider any debate on Fox to be legit in the first place.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 AM

ron paul is our only hope please goto youtube and listen to him he will open your eyes
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 AM

I was going to go to bed, but I'm too ticked off now. Not that I should be surprised.

I want people to have a chance to see and vote for a candidate that represents their values the closest. I'm sick of pseudo-conservatives like McCain and Guiliani, and so is the country. Ron Paul was considered to be the most appealing candidate after the first debate.

I sent off an e-mail, and would encourage everybody to do the same. It doesn't have to be a missive, just a quick statement saying that you would really like to see Ron Paul in the debate, and that you won't be watching otherwise.

This is more than about FOX excluding "my candidate". They shouldn't be able to do this to anyone who is a legit candidate. It shouldn't matter if FOX analysts don't think that someone can win - the media shouldn't be in the business of influencing decisions during an election.

I'd prefer to find out who won these elections the next day, anyhow - or at least not until after all the polls are closed throughout the country. Meh, I'm flaming out here.

Good night now.