Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Sharing a BIG part of how I make money

[start of blog]

First Money making post- Polo T Shirts.

Ok. Here is a list of all what I am going to cover making money, this will be one long big post, then I will post some of my stories, and continue my stories.
1) Buying and reselling polo t-shirts
2) Buying and reselling sports cards, and unopened sports cards products
3) Becoming an online ticket broker

Buying and reselling polo t-shirts is by far what I've made the most on. Its a constant flow of cash, with minimal waiting period, and the #1 reason polos are the best, is it is impossible to lose money. I am talking about lacoste tshirts, abercrombie tshirts, and ralph lauren polo shirts. BUT DAN, when i go to the store these shirts are selling for $60++++!!!

This is where most peoples plans faulter. Ebay will become your best friend throughout this entire blog, and when you decide to start making money. So if you dont have an ebay account, you better start one and picking up some feedback.

In order to do this next step you need an ebay account.
1) Log on to www.ebay.com
2) [insert secret here]

If you notice, the asking price is $1200+ $100 to ship= $1300 Total for 100 Shirts. Thats $13 per shirt SHIPPED TO YOU. These lacoste shirts come in the polybags, and come with the tags on them. They retail at $72.00 in stores!!! WOWOWOWOW

The biggest plus to this auction is the guy is in the United States, and has good feedback. So you buy the shirts, good deal. They will generally get to you in about 3-4 days. Oh yeah! You will need a paypal account also. www.paypal.com Paypal is an online payment source where you can safely send money from your bank account and recieve it (when you start selling the shirts) and transfer it right into your bank account.

Ok so you get the shirts in the mail. You have 100. You now (if you havnt already) need to set up your ebay account, and your paypal account. Selling on ebay is very easy. I dont feel the need to take the time to explain this, but you guys all have my email and AIM (Im on all the time) and I will answer any questions.

Anyways, Set up your ebay and paypal, now its time to make some money!!! List all of your shirts individually. If you take a quick look at completed auctions on ebay, lacoste shirts get a minimum of $20 per shirt (thats without shipping) Most (especially black and white) go for around $30. So here is our next plan of action. List all the shirts individually and at first you might want to start them at like $14.99 or something. When I first started I did 14.99, now I've made a boatload and am pretty confident so I start all my shirts at $.01 Yeah a penny and still get around $20 a shirt. Now, a big part of making money on ebay **which to me is wrong, but everyone does it** is overcharge on shipping. In the long run it will increase your income significantly. I think it takes around $3 to ship a lacoste shirt. Most people on ebay charge like $9.99 to ship. I charge $5.99. Which tends to make people bid on my shirts more. I list the shirts for 3 days, at $.01, and charge $5.99. Sometimes I get $20 per shirt, sometimes I get $30, sometimes I get $15, it really just depends. But for the sake of my whole argument and blog, lets say I get an average of $20 per shirt.

So you have your shirts, begin listing them on ebay (just search mens lacoste polo and you will get an idea of how to list based on what other sellers do)

You will need shipping supplies. Here is what I use

$1300- original investment
+$12 - Shipping supplies
+($3x100) = 300 - Shipping costs
+ Around $150 in ebay fees
-----------------------------------
1762= Total Cost (per 100 shirts bought)

$20 per shirtx 100 = $2000
$2 per shirt x 100 = $300 (shipping extras)

You just made 600 bucks (this will likely be the bare minimum as if you start your shirts at 19.99+ 6 shipping you are making 10 a shirt)
All this for usually less then 8 hours a week. - most time is spend packing the shirts and listing on ebay.

I am usually able to do 100 shirts every 1-2 weeks. However, if shirts arnt selling for what you want, back off a little because the market may be saturated with shirts.

Tips and Tricks for polos
1) Abercrombie usually sells for more then lacoste
2) Polo goes the cheapest
3) Try out an ebay thing called "turbo lister" It will list all your auctions in a matter of seconds.
4) If you have some patience. I HIGHLY reccomened this step. Email the sellers of the shirts, and ask them if they will take, lets say, $11 per shirt. When I first started I did this, and now I have a steady dealer who ships me 100 shirts at $11 per shirt (I just increased my income by $200)

I know theres prolly a lot of information missing so any suggest email or IM me. Thanks

One other idea brought to my attention with these shirts, is starting your own online store. I know NOTHING about this, but I bet it would be very profitable business.

Ebay and dealign with sellers is the way to go. However, I have been able to find some dealers outside the US that sell lacoste and abercrombie and polo for very cheap (although I will never buy from them because they dont accept paypal and their from china) Here are the links.

[end of blog]

Ok, so I didn't want to share this, because I've been making a [censored], but I'm tired of doing this...

This blog is about 2 years old. I've since been making more, but am just too [censored] lazy to go back and change my post.

Lately I've been getting $30+ for lacoste shirts, and I can now get burberry, a&f, and striped lacoste (which go for $50+)

Now that I've shared my EASY money making secret with 2+2'ers, I'm ready to reveal all my secrets. I am doing this by PM, or AIM ONLY!!!! I am not posting anything else specific in this topic.

ahnuld, or other mods, if you believe this is a scam, or not an appropriate thread, [censored] it, lock it, i dont care.

I know people are always looking to make easy money, and I'm ready to reveal a big big secret of how I've been making tons of money the past 2 years, while also making money off it myself.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Sharing a BIG part of how I make money

how much have you made?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much have you made?

[/ QUOTE ]

I make atleast 200% on my money (putting in $1300 WILL give you back ATLEAST $2600) but it's usually way more.

And the nice thing is, most people pay you with paypal, it's quick, easy, and if you get the paypal debit card, [censored], you just buy things and it comes directly from your paypal account.

That was how I found out how much I made. People would pay with paypal, I would pay for the S&H with the debit card, and when my inventory was gone, I would be left with the bottom line.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Dan, why do people need to Email or AIM you?

If you have something useful to share, why can't you just post it?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dan, why do people need to Email or AIM you?

If you have something useful to share, why can't you just post it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have very many small things that net me a lot of money. This is prolly my biggest money maker when compared to easiness.

And sniper, I'm not going to lie, I've been doing this for 2 years, I'm tired. I'm ready to sell my secrets. I know that's prolly *unethical* and this forum is supposed to be able to "help" people, but it's like poker coaching. People aren't going to coach for free. Just look at it as me coaching you to make money.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:02 PM

While I haven't looked at any specific sellers, do keep in mind there are a LOT of fake Lacoste shirts out there. Unknowingly passing off imitations won't help you.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I haven't looked at any specific sellers, do keep in mind there are a LOT of fake Lacoste shirts out there. Unknowingly passing off imitations won't help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a problem I've noticed a lot of people running into. Since lacoste is making a HUGE comback in the clothes market, they are really cracking down on ebay sales, and ending peoples auctions.

Lacoste was just the example in my blog. There is A&F, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Burberry.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:42 AM

Why do I have a strange feeling that you are the guy selling the 100 polo shirts on ebay.
Closed Thread