Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:15 PM

Default NL50 KK vs. 2

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $42.91
BB: $73.58
Hero (UTG): $51.89
CO: $82.72
BTN: $47.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K K (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($6.50) 5 7 Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.50</font>, BTN calls $9.50, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $40.91</font>, Hero calls all-in for $40.39, BTN calls all-in for $35.50
Uncalled bet of $4.89 returned to Hero
Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: NL50 KK vs. 2

Meh... probably ok... not much you can do if you are behind.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM

Flop is drawy. Getting it in here with an overpair is generally fine unless you have a read that villain plays his draws passively.

That's something I try to pay very close attention to and make notes on. Most villains are very consistent with how they play draws.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM

I'd raise more on the flop.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Wow, it really looks like your KK is toast versus SB, doesn't it? Any reads on him? Is he very stupid-aggro post-flop when he hits with big aces; as in, "OMG AQ pf, it's a drawing hand, I'll just call ... OMG I hit TPTK, I'm gonna bet/3-bet all in BABY! Into TWO people!"

I'll try a reasonable range here, assuming SB is sane, maybe a little loose pf. Here's a moderate range for SB after he shoves {QQ, 55, 77, AdTd, AQs, 8d9d}. If the SB is kinda passive (bad) pf, then the QQ is more likely to show up. Your equity with KK against that range is ~31%. You have to call ~$31 to win ~$104 (if we ignore BTN, who's a whole issue unto himself), so you need ~23% equity to call. If we now consider that button might come along, since he's shown a lot of interest so far, if not outright strength ... he potentially swells the pot to $139, so you'd get ~4.4:1 on your money (need 18% equity or greater), and your equity versus button's calling range {say, 55,77, five Ace-high flush draws, 75, and 4d6d} plummets to ~14%.

I obviously don't do all of this in my head on the table, hell, I got it wrong the first time I tried this post (let me know if I'm still off, readers), and the ranges I made up here might be too tight, and reads on your opponents would help determine this, but assuming reasonable players, I would start to get worried when the button cold-calls my flop raise, and I would very often dump my hand when SB came back over the top of both of us, even though my equity calcs said I could call against him and show a decent profit. The guy behind me would spook me a little, and just so much strength is being shown all around.

P.S. I forgot to include Qdxd hands in the ranges, but those are hardly going to help your equity. It's also not unlikely that button has a much wider range of flush draws than I gave him, but his flop cold-call said strength to me, so I gave him strong draws.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:04 PM

this board is filled with draws and u have an over pair. it sucks that u got called the the cold called but owww well. lots of varience in this hand. and u have a back door diamond draw so u have solid equity. im content with gettin it in here but reads would b nice