Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Deep stacked $200 Plo8 Hand

Unless I've misread this, who gives a flying fark about the short stack? Build a huge side pot with the other guy.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 AM

I agree with not raising pot preflop from blinds if the limpers really are tight and only play top hands.
Its unlikely in 6max that you're out against hands that good and you're basing your analysis on results
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 AM

easy...fold...what????

you flopped huge.

get it in here everytime.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 AM

I played a hand earlier today. I had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I potted preflop and the flop came 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I went all in instantly because it was NLO8. I got called in 2 places. One had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the other had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I lost because the turn and river bricked and I wouldnt change a thing.

Sometimes you run into a big hand when you got a pretty big hand yourself, stuff happens. If you cant push on your flop with your hand you shouldnt be playing this game.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a hand earlier today. I had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I potted preflop and the flop came 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I went all in instantly because it was NLO8. I got called in 2 places. One had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the other had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I lost because the turn and river bricked and I wouldnt change a thing.

Sometimes you run into a big hand when you got a pretty big hand yourself, stuff happens. If you cant push on your flop with your hand you shouldnt be playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I agree that this is a no brainer shove in OP's scenario, but I'm not sure I can go along with you completely on your quoted statement Jorge when it comes to playing in a NL game, like your example-- particularly if there are deep stacks involved like OP was alluding to.

Risking 50-100 times the size of the pot with an overpair and a draw to half the pot is not really an indispensible strategy to deep stack NL games. IMHO
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you had the nut flush draw i wouldn't debate this play, but i think it would be best to at least try and play a small pot in this spot.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM

I was just trying to think of a recent hand where a flop looked pretty damn good and I happened to run into something bad.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Despite the deepish stacks, I get in here 100% of the time.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you run into a big hand when you got a pretty average hand yourself, stuff happens. If you cant push on your flop with your hand you shouldnt be playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Just for the kids playing at home, this is not an example of prime NLO8 play.

In OPs case it's an easy shove (or flat call if you are closing the action and are pretty sure you can still get it all in if you hit on the turn).