Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Greatest sports moment of your entire life?

I'm talking about any time you were playing a sport and made the greatest play or whatever and you'll always remember it.

For me, I was playing left field in varsity baseball in high school. Bases loaded (obviously)... Game depends on this small dude who gets up to bat, seemed weak so I was playing him mid-field. He got a really nice fast ball down the middle and got a good piece of it... Waay over my head between LF and center. I ran back as fast as I could and caught the ball over my right shoulder on the warning track... had just enough time to catch it then look to see where the metal fence was before crashing into it. I remember seeing the expression of the center fielder as if he was saying 'wow' to himself. Utter shock... felt really good. Turned around and saw that the base coaches for the other team had waved everyone around the bases because they thought there was no way I could get to that ball. Now everyone was scrambling to get back. Nobody scored as I threw it in. We then went on to win the game.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Greatest sports moment of your entire life?

Dave Cowens Basketball Camp, mid-1980's. Other team is up by one with like ten seconds left and has the ball out of bounds near halfcourt. I deflect the inbounds pass off the passer, so our team gets the ball back. We get the ball downcourt and somebody takes a shot that misses. I grab the offensive rebound, spin, and hit a fallaway bank shot as time expires to win the game.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:59 AM

I couldn't decide which best exemplified the glory of my youth so I chose one from each sport

Baseball
Little League State Championships, we win we get to move on to the Regionals and perhaps almost as important, we secured our Taco Bell sponsor which meant free Taco Bell food for the duration of the tourney. Bottom of the final inning, we're up by one with the top of the other team's order up and men on second and third. I get called in to pitch because obviously I'm a sick lefty pitcher. I then went on to strike out the next three batters in a total of 10 pitches (damn that one foul ball). The team charged the mound, and later that night we dined on more Taco Bell than you can imagine.

Soccer

Invitational tourney. The team I am on is of people only from my town, organized by one of the kid's fathers that played pro in Ireland or something for a while, really intense coach. All the other teams were club teams, the kind that have people from all over the state and people are paying like like 10k for their kids to be on them. We paid $50 for jerseys and the tourney fee.

Anyway, we are in the championship and down by 1 into the stoppage time. We get a corner kick and know this is our last chance. We pull the goalie up to kick the corner kick, so this really is it. He bends it right at the back post, I push one kid out of the way just in time to dive and head it in to the back of the net. We then went on to win it in a shootout (I scored on mine, but not as dramatic as the tying goal.)

Basketball

Again, like twelve years old in the championship. Game had been close the whole time, other team is down by one with like twelve seconds left. We move it up the court and while they're trying to foul, our PG dribbles it off his knee right to one of their guys. 8 seconds left. They had been pressing so they had tons of guys down the court, so the kid who got the loose ball passes it up to them, and they basically have a 3 on 0 breakaway, down by 1 pt. 4 seconds left. I sprint as fast as I've ever run down the court, and just as the kid slows to take the layup I foul the absolute [censored] out of him. He missed both free throws. We won the championship. lol.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:03 AM

Playing golf at my local course. I hit a titanic drive on a par 5. I go for the green in two, the ball is heading STRAIGHT for the hole, but then just disappears. It looks like it went over the green. We go looking for it, can't find it. Someone on the green looks in the hole and there it is. I holed it out straight from the air. Double Eagle....rarest of the golf shots.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 AM

wow nice... it's those kind of golf shots that make me spend too much money on the game.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing golf at my local course. I hit a titanic drive on a par 5. I go for the green in two, the ball is heading STRAIGHT for the hole, but then just disappears. It looks like it went over the green. We go looking for it, can't find it. Someone on the green looks in the hole and there it is. I holed it out straight from the air. Double Eagle....rarest of the golf shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one will be hard to top.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM

In my first college volleyball match I was playing middle blocker and my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend played for the University of Arizona and was across from me. I blocked his first four attacks. After the fourth, I looked across the net and said, "You're my bitch!"

He replied, "I'm [censored] yours."

To which I asked, "Can you still taste me when you kiss her?"

He had to be restrained and I was the "Mr. Goodbar" player of the week.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM

I guess winning the local championship in 4th grade for football. Nothing special, but it was really sweet at the time.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was once on the green when someone hit into me from a good bit away. I picked his ball up and put in the cup. You?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was once on the green when someone hit into me from a good bit away. I picked his ball up and put in the cup. You?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you do this, rather than hitting the ball back at him or tossing it into the woods/lake?