Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Some live 4/8 hands

Here are some hands I played this past weekend. Live 4/8 with a full kill.

Hand 1:

I’ve played with UTG before, he’s pretty loose-passive and very straightforward.

kill pot

killer checks UTG, I raise in MP with AcAs, BB and UTG call (6SB)

flop is 9c7s2c

BB checks, UTG bets, I raise, BB folds, UTG calls (5BB)

turn is 9s

UTG bets, I fold

Anybody call down against this type of player here? I fold my big pocket pairs in low limit games almost never, but here I just didn’t think it was worth calling down. If UTG was tricky enough to bet the turn with a flush or straight draw or if the pot was bigger I’d call down.

Hand 2:

BB is TAG but sometimes plays pretty LAG, SB is pretty good TAG, CO is loose-passive

MP limps, I limp in HJ with JcTd, CO limps, SB completes, BB checks (5SB)

flop is QcTh9d

SB bets, BB raises, MP folds, I call, CO calls, SB calls (6.5BB)

turn is As

BB bets, everybody calls (10.5BB)

river is 2c, BB bets, I raise

I think this is definitely a raise or fold situation with 2 players left to act, anybody play this differently? My thought was that BB could be betting any J all the way here and that a raise would fold a Q or maybe even an A behind me. Anybody play the flop or turn differently? I know I should fold this preflop since the blinds play pretty well.

Hand 3:

SB is the loosest, most passive, straightforward player I’ve ever played against, no read on button

kill pot

EP limps, I limp in HJ with AcTd, CO limps, button raises, SB(killer) calls, limpers call (10SB)

flop is QdTh2d

check to me, I bet, button and SB call (6.5BB)

turn is Ad

check to me, I bet, button raises, SB calls, I call (12.5BB)

river is 5d

SB checks, I check

Should I bet here? Anybody play the rest of the hand differently?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Some live 4/8 hands

1# if you're sure of your read it's a good fold - but I'm never ever folding this online; and only a moron fails to realize that this isn't the ideal card to semi-bluff. The 9's are the only cards that could have come on the turn such that if I were planning on calling 1BB OOP, I would go ahead and redonk.

Hand 3: Betting the river here would be soooooooooooooooo bad it's not even funny. You should c/c. OR c/f if SB raises.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Hand 1: There are some opponents I'll lay this down to, so this just depends on your confidence in your read.

Hand 2: I like, but probably wouldn't have the guts to pull it off. You'll look silly a lot, but I think the pot's big enough to try this.

Hand 3: Looks like AK to me on the turn. AQ, QQ, AA surely pop the flop on such a draw heavy board, right? Many live players wouldn't raise KJ preflop even on the button. I think I could find a turn 3-bet. As played, I'd b/f the river. There are only two diamonds bigger than yours out there.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 AM

1 call down
2 river raise is bad
3 raise pf and i can't tell if the river is heads up or multiway still which would affect my decision
Old 09-07-2007, 11:46 AM

Hand #2: Does anyone 3bet this flop? I dunno, maybe I'm overplaying my flops lately but I count 10 pretty clean outs here, so what's that, about 40% equity in at least a 3 way pot? I can take the free card on the turn and maybe make a crying call on the river? Or do I have to discount some straight outs for a chop and Ten outs for a possible better hand?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Hand 1: I would fold this against some opponents. This would be read dependant, but the donk on the turn is pretty telling for most live players.

Hand 2: I don't mind the limp preflop. 3-bet the flop. As played, muck the river. The pot may be big, but your raise is spew on this board.

Hand 3: In the HJ I'm raising this hand every time. I like all the other streets. I wouldn't bet the river as you have only the 3rd best possible flush, but I'm definitely calling a bet.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:28 PM

I had a similar hand to hand #1 with a LP lady who only bets out when she has a good to very strong hand. I had AA and the flop came Q22 she checked and I bet turn came Q22Q she bet and I folded. My hand was easier to get away from. I mucked my AA face up and she showed Qx. You prolly made a good lay down here. I find that it really comes down to seeing how the player reacts when they see that next 9.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:32 PM

Hand #2
I think you are dead on the river. I'd prolly c/f here. If the players were all LP I'd prolly check c/c.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 PM

Hand #3
C/C river. Button has a big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], prolly.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 call down
2 river raise is bad
3 raise pf and i can't tell if the river is heads up or multiway still which would affect my decision

[/ QUOTE ]

The river is 3-way, the SB checked and its on me with the button yet to act