Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Greatest sports moment of your entire life?

when i played soccer in 8-9th grade i got invited into the select soccer league. it was pretty hard to get into and you were super cool if u got to flaunt the jersey but my family had no money so i didnt get to play. still proud i made the team tho.

Tee-ball, i hit a ball so hard it ripped the baseball open and they had to replace it. i got to keep the ball which was cool. after than i got injured and didnt play sports for nearly 5 years.

Other than that... i played football a couple years but it was pretty uneventful... This one play I was at middle lineback on a field goal attempt. I ran up, jumped on the centers shoulder with my left foot, reached my hands up to block the kick, but my right foot caught on the centers face mask and i dropped head first into the ground. hit pretty hard and everyone laughed.

another time I was on Right Defensive Tackle on another field goal attempt, i made a break through the hole, ran str8 at the kicker, hands up, and felt the ball graze my side as it went flying past to score the game pt.

pretty much I did nothing overly glorius in any worthwhile sports but got laughed at a lot.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:42 PM

I don't have any moments that can top the best ones here, but here are a couple of fun ones:

1. In 13-year-old baseball, I'm up with two outs in the 7th (last inning) and my team is being no-hit. Pitcher is a semi-friend of mine. He shakes off the first sign so he can throw me a ... fastball? I break up the no-no and later find out that his dad was going to buy him a new skateboard for the no-hitter. Whoops.

2. In high school, we're playing in the Upper Deck Classic in California, a tournament full of elite teams (we were ranked like 15th in the country and there were several teams there with better ranks than us). I'm pitching on my birthday and give up a solo homer. The opposing team's crowd starts singing "Happy Birthday." I think, "Wow, that's cold." Then I find out later that it was the other kid's birthday, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2007, 10:46 PM

In high school, I beaned a kid in the head with a fastball and knocked him out cold. That wasn't the best part, though. It ricocheted off his head and came back to the mound, and I caught it in the air. I thought about catching it behind my back, but decided that was just too cold. Anyways, an ambulance came and everything. I was so freakin' proud.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:22 PM

This is probably really lame and boring, but if you consider running a sport:

Finishing my first marathon.

I'm totally uncoordinated and don't do well with sports with balls/moving objects that need to be struck.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:20 AM

This is called an albatross. I know someone that got this in collegiate competition.

[ QUOTE ]
Playing golf at my local course. I hit a titanic drive on a par 5. I go for the green in two, the ball is heading STRAIGHT for the hole, but then just disappears. It looks like it went over the green. We go looking for it, can't find it. Someone on the green looks in the hole and there it is. I holed it out straight from the air. Double Eagle....rarest of the golf shots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2007, 03:39 AM

Baseball-

HS game, we had our ace facing opponents ace. We were loosing 1-0 top of last inning. One out I come up to the plate. I had noticed this pitcher was always getting the first strike on everyone, so I decided to time him up and look dead red. I got what i was lookin for and i could see the ball in slow motion coming at me. Drilled it about 425 feet. It shook the pitcher so much we scored 8 runs after one out in the last inning. (nobody on our team touched him that day until I went yard)

Golf

Got my one and only eagle with my dad on Fathers Day a few years back.

Bowling

Threw 15 strikes in a row. unfortunatly it was the last eleven in one game and the first four in the next....still hunting for the 300.

Football

My HS team was the 31 seed playing the 2 seed in the state playoffs and we won by a point going for two with 15 secs on clock.

Basketball (this is 100% true i swear)

I made 3 out of 4 shots from the opposite end free throw line. I was only about 10 years old at the time. Quite a heave for a ten year old kid. Then the guy at the chicago bulls game makes the same shot once and wins a million bucks. (oh well)