Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

ya theyre not getting it, if anyone calls me and says anything about that post to me i'm gonna ask private joker to delete it but i'm hoping the super abridged version is okay
Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM

Thanks for sharing, too bad nobody else gets to read it haha pwned.

Barron
Old 11-05-2007, 04:09 PM

sucks that he prob lost the 25k playing 5/10 at commerce after he quit us so i have to wait for him to run like god playing smaller again to win it back in a mixed game.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM

BUT HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM

like 3k i think but now this is turning back into summer all over again where i'm up like 15k maybe since school started over a period where i should be up much more against players that are even worse than the ones i played with over summer (a very tough feat). apparently i'm just going to break even for the rest of my life spending half my time in 9 handed lhe games against people playing 50% of their hands and the other half in shorthanded mixed games against people that barely understand the rules/mechanics of any of the games. i mean i'm sure at some point the time will come when i am the lucky recipient of actually running well over more than a 45 minute period at the right time in a bigger game but its just like wow frustrating beyond belief because there's nothing i can do about it.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM

I think the remedy is too quit live poker and just play online. Its hard becuase the games are so much better live, but imo that makes it that much more frustrating to run bad in.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM

I'd rather slit my wrists and jump into the shark exhibit at Sea World when I'm in San Diego for Thanksgiving than play predominantly online.

Here's a bonus hand I played yesterday, I honestly have no clue if it was 150/3 or 2/4.

Omaha 8 4 handed Hassan Habib opens CO and he has played like the last 6 hands for a raise so I've had more than enough of this [censored] so I 3bet K256ds clubs/some other suit otb, fold to him because everyone knows that I play tighter in this game than any other game probably, he calls. Flop A4T two clubs he c/r I 3bet he 4bet I call. Turn 8 he bets I raise he 3bet I 4bet he 5bet I call, river K he bets I call, he has AA36 I stare at how badly I was outplayed and wonder aloud how I miss the freeroll of 5000 outs before he informs me if the 2 that isn't a club had come he would have scooped. I could reply with nothing other than "you're right, I got lucky"
Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 PM

I would suggest reading "Gambling Theory and Other Topics" by Mason Malmuth.

It helped me understand how the streaks and cold spells work in practice.I came to understand that I would have to endure cold spells of long duration, as well as many periods of going nowhere, besides those on fire winning streaks.

In the end, according to Malmuth, playing limit, my overall expectation would approximate 1 big bet an hour, somewhat less, somewhat more in certain games, against certain opponents. However, I had to accept the fact that would in fact, be my total expectation, if I play limit. When I realized this fact for myself, I was able to put my poker game in perspective.

I choose to work my day job, and enjoy poker as a sideline on the weekends, if I wanted to maintain a very generous standard of living.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM

The interesting part about playing as a hobby is that then it may take years to really overcome the long swings you talk about. In my graph above I broke even for almost a year.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The interesting part about playing as a hobby is that then it may take years to really overcome the long swings you talk about. In my graph above I broke even for almost a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but when I win 5,000 big bets a year working, losing poker streaks are not really a problem.
Closed Thread