Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Re: cheating death

[ QUOTE ]
dali-

we could argue this forever. religion is the most difficult discussion.

to answer your question, i dont know. i dont know why god would take a 2 year old out of this world. i cant expect myself to understand that.

before i was born my dad's aunt (re:very close to our family) lost her daughter to hotchkins. she was eight i think. it was sick. the overwhelming sadness of losing a child is comparable to none.

i dont act as though i am a smart christian, nor do i think i am a good christian, i simply am one. it's what i believe in, but in the same breath i'd say i'm tolerant of most other religions, as long as they're not knocking on my door on a saturday morning or getting their compound burnt to the ground in Waco, TX. there's nothing more stupid to me than an intolerant christian. do unto others.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]
That's fair enough. I just wish people would quit using "god's will" as reason for something good happening to them, when so many bad things happen to others. It makes it seem like he plays favorites, which if he existed, I guess he'd have to, and yeah, that opens a whole new Pandora's box.

I will fight you for 1k, yo. I need a baseball bat, information on which eye is bad, and VERY favorable odds tho.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:25 PM

I've learned to have a healthy respect for the wheels on a Cambio debarker (for those of you that don't know, that's the machine in a lumber mill that removes the bark from a tree.) Luckily I only lost some of the skin on the back of my arm and around my shoulder blade along with a lot of blood. Another 6 inches either way and I'd look like hamburger right now.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:40 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

Inside my home with my family as an F4 tornado ripped through the yard. Minor damage to house but one car in driveway totalled; another one right next to it was unscratched. About a dozen huge oak trees were uprooted on all four sides of the house. Two trees which would have undoubtedly crushed the house had they fallen were still standing--go figure. Most exciting 10 seconds of my life.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:49 PM

i once met YVESAINT and lived...man am i lucky
Old 12-15-2006, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i almost forgot:

OH YEAHZ? OH YEAHZ? WELL, 10K FIGHT YO IM COMING TO HOUSTON TONIGHT YOU LITTLE BITCH.

Wait, what are we fighting about again?

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL

lucky for me I'm in Syracuse. God told me someone would be coming to 10K FIGHT YO me and I ducked out of the city in advance.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:05 PM

whoa its a ninja bump
Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 AM

Had my main chute malfunction in one of my first solo dives when I was going for my A license. Cutaway at 4,000ft and deployed the backup at 3,500ft. It went off, obviously [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 AM

besides drunk driving/drunk passenger, my life has been very safe.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 AM

i got a guitar pick stuck in my throat and couldnt breathe, ended up swallowing it... worst feeling ever.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 AM

1. Being so ill when I was 2 that the doctors gave up and told my parents to pray. Seems it helped. I still have the scars where they put in the infusions.

2. Caught by my parents (at age 5) do a tightrope walk on the railing of our balcony. That's 4 floors up!

3. Setting my clothes on fire when playing with matches (also age 5). Luckily my sister (age 7) somehow knew what to do. my parent expressed their sense of relief by beating the [censored] out of me for playing with matches AGAIN!