Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

[ QUOTE ]
For instance, in dreams where I have to run away from something/someone, I end up running away extremely slowly, as if I'm slightly paralyzed. This also happens in dreams where I am in a fight, where my punches are extremely slow, and again, I feel like there is something wrong with me because I am moving so slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has happened to me all throughout my life. I think it's very common.

[ QUOTE ]
This is always acompanied by sort of hallucinations where I am being attacked by shadows or dark figures that are rushing at me or flying at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe I had my eyes open (although I could see exactly what was in my room, I just thought I was imagining it) but the first incident where I thought my friend was in my room (not the Mario one) I just saw a shadow on my wall walk off and assumed it was a friend.

[ QUOTE ]
do you guy experience sleep paralysis with your eyes open and aware of your surroundings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very sure my eyes are still shut, but I can almost always tell exactly what is around me. Obviously I know what's around me because it's my room, but it really appears that I am just looking at it. Still, I think I always have my eyes shut during this.

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at my hands because I read somewhere that they would usually be distorted in some way. I only had four fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm obviously no expert, but it sounds like you could've influenced this easily. Although that's still a lucid dream, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
I still remembered the first time it happened to me. I woke up one night and I was fully awake. I could hear everything going around me, I just couldn't move at all. I was fully conscious and I couldn't get my eyelids to open. I couldn't move my fingers or wiggle my toes. My heart was beating a million beats per minute as I was seriously panicking as I really didn't know what was happening to me. I really thought I was paralyzed. After what seemed like an eternity I finally was able to open up my eyelids and move. Needless to say I was freaking out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is how it was for me for a long time. I mean I still feel slightly scared when it happens, but then I realize I just need to ride it out. Back before I knew wtf was happening I would say to myself, "Alright man, on 3, we're going to explode out of this.. 1-2-3 *nothing*" and then I'd start getting a bit more scared, heh.

Dave T,

I will check out that book. I have woke up laughing on a number of occasions. I've been falling asleep and whatever was playing on the TV at the time would somehow become a part of my dream (I think this is standard).

I don't think I've ever died in my dreams. I've been in situations where I was sure I was about to die, but that's about it. Your dreams really sound like they suck. You seen a doctor about any of this?