Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Brag: randomly staked a guy and won $96,600

[ QUOTE ]
Lololol you guys. Like you would actually send the 100k. And of course I would not also. But I would send something like 5% so it could look like we had a deal. It would only be my word against yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

pls join jimm in a big grease fire ktkxbye
just because you are a piece of [censored] why does it make you think that everyone is a [censored] like you?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lololol you guys. Like you would actually send the 100k. And of course I would not also. But I would send something like 5% so it could look like we had a deal. It would only be my word against yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would any staker agree to a 95/5 deal in the first place?

& I'm sure there's some form of agreement they had to together in one of the forums/irc chat logs

[/ QUOTE ]
It would not be the usual deal. As the prizes go up the % for the staker goes down. I do not think they posted anything on forums. Only msn or something. And you know people know how to photoshop.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grats to both of you, serious brag all the way around.

I'd of sent the 100k b/c karma is a bitch. Whereas good karma such as this, everyone wins

and Jimm continues to be busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm up $1900 from low stakes Omaha in the last nine days but, yeah, whatever.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, first off, you keep saying $55 and the tournament was $215.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy mistake to make, seeing as nowhere does the OP mention this, but it mentions his previous $55 stakes a couple of times.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man to all the people saying they wouldnt ship 100k, he won 40k from nothing!! Id think that would make it so much easier that most should have no problem probably, especially considering how much he owe to the staker who staked a guy with little to no record..

Also isnt 30/70 pretty reasonable considering hes staking a guy with no makeup and with no track record??

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there are a lot of people on here who make a bajillion doallars a month playing or poker or with a real job. I'm freshly out of college with a mountain of debt and a [censored] job. 100K is live changing money for me. 100K is more than I can realistically ever win playing poker. If I ever luckboxed my way into a huge win like that I'm honestly not sure I could ship the whole 100K. Not exactly sure where my moral "grey area" starts because I can say I'd have no problem shipping 10K-30K. But I'm not sure if i won 140K in a tourney that I wouldnt just cash it all out and retire from poker

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a very good point. Much of the hate is coming from people who could care less about $100k, they are loaded already. For a small stakes player for whom it could really be a life-changing amount, it might be more of a dilemma.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow what if this whole thread is a cover up for the multi account action that might or might not have took place on sunday. Hmmm 2 dollar mtt player takes 2nd in the Sunday Million. After all is'nt this how they do it? They buy in to a tournament with as many horses as possible? I'm sure he is used to getting 3 bet and 4 bet like crazy in those 2 dollar tourneys. Had to be coached!

Ok yes it's true I'm a Jerk!@

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouche for Hojo mofo that he was playing the whole time. We were talking to him in IRC the entire time he played. I can't believe even AFTER this thread, that someone could accuse him of such a thing.

Can't people accept good stories for what they are? Rup staked Hojo in the mil, Rup also staked me and a few others in the $55 25k Gtd, we busted early, and hojo went deep. He would give us constant updates in IRC. The man flat out chopped for the mil. He isn't a $2 grinder btw, his biggest cash if i recall came from a $50 MTT and he won it for 7k, he was also a 200NL grinder at one point. He simply was busto and grinding small that's all.

Oh yeah, lol donkaments. Tournament theory is tournament theory, no matter the buy in. Also, if you run good in a tournament, you can win it.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM

A+
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Wow, what a great story man. Im stunned he didn't just give you a 50/50 split since it was obviously his first major poker score.

It's nice to read this instead os some story about a poker player stealing funds. Again, you make a nice read.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Sick brag obv...
Imagine if he'd came in first oO
Old 10-18-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome story, congrats to both of u

[/ QUOTE ]