Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

ok that was hilarious
Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 PM

just got off the phone with a lawyer...
I hate to dissapoint you PS fans but the site acted totally improperly on this matter and legal action can be taken against pokerstars or any other site for withdrawing or confescating funds from ones account, where the individual has done nothing wrong in receiving that money.

In the case of the $1k the user that claims he mistakenly made a transfer to another user can have a claim on that money (from the beneficiary) and could get it back legally with sufficient evidence but would not be worth pursuing such a matter due to the expenses he will incur for taking this matter legally as I would not be liable for any legal expenses incurred even if the rule is that money were indeed transfered to me by mistake.

Now I will probably pursue the matter against PS if we believe its worth a try and be assured I will keep this forum informed on the final proceedings of this matter.

For future reference, keep in mind that no poker site has the right to take funds out of your account without your written consent if you as an individual have not acted improperly in any sitaution

Thank you for your responses. and to those of you who think i am a [censored], well thats just your oppinion(everybody has one)
Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 PM

I just got of the phone with another lawyer, who said that your lawyer has no clue....
Old 08-04-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got of the phone with another lawyer, who said that your lawyer has no clue....

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess thats his job
Old 08-04-2007, 09:22 PM

I think that $1000 means alot more to you than you lead on. It is ridiculous for you to even entertain suing PS over money that isn't even yours. Grow up - you lost - deal with it
Old 08-04-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that $1000 means alot more to you than you lead on. It is ridiculous for you to even entertain suing PS over money that isn't even yours. Grow up - you lost - deal with it

[/ QUOTE ]

suing ps for $1000, you are right thats ridiculous..suing a company that supposedly keeps secure accounts for its customers but can withdraw your funds whenever they feel like a "mistake" was made is a bit more logical dont you think...anyway...i am getting a bit tired of this debate...i feel like we are off the subject a bit and i am countering people who believe i am [censored] and after $1000...
it was good getting a general view on this matter but i believe it is getting out of class...tc people...
Old 08-04-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to dissapoint you PS fans but the site acted totally improperly on this matter and legal action can be taken against pokerstars or any other site for withdrawing or confescating funds from ones account, where the individual has done nothing wrong in receiving that money.

In the case of the $1k the user that claims he mistakenly made a transfer to another user can have a claim on that money (from the beneficiary) and could get it back legally with sufficient evidence but would not be worth pursuing such a matter due to the expenses he will incur for taking this matter legally as I would not be liable for any legal expenses incurred even if the rule is that money were indeed transfered to me by mistake.

Now I will probably pursue the matter against PS if we believe its worth a try and be assured I will keep this forum informed on the final proceedings of this matter.

For future reference, keep in mind that no poker site has the right to take funds out of your account without your written consent if you as an individual have not acted improperly in any sitaution

Thank you for your responses. and to those of you who think i am a [censored], well thats just your oppinion(everybody has one)

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-04-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-04-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean my husband

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains alot - either you have a vag or you have the ghey. Carry on