Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Default River turns ugly/SB play

UTG+1 is 22/12.5/2.14 over 75 hands
MP2 is 23/0/0.3 but over 13!! hands

Party Poker 0.15/0.30 Hold'em (10 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>,Hero ???

I dont know if you guys would go betting out, on flop and turn, but with hitting top pair on flop and flush draw on turn and since no aggression was shown from utg+1 &amp; , MP so i think i could have had the best hand.

The fun began on river, when i hit my flush...
So my question is one on my flop/turn play and another on river...

i guess its pay and expect what???
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: River turns ugly/SB play

It’s hard to think of any hands that correctly call you on the flop that you don’t beat. You should probably cap, but I’d just call.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 PM

Pretty strange action on this hand, but I rly don't think u need to worry bout the boat (or quads) so much here. 22/44/TT should raise the turn, in fact I'd be surprised to see TT here 'cause u would think they would raise PF (same as JJ, which I excluded cause I think it's more likely that hand would be raised PF). Your only concern should be a higher flush (ie AXs (esp AQs/A5s/A3s), or KQs etc). But never rule out the fact that someone played their flopped set like a tool!

Personally I prefer to call, I do think ur good here (someone's usually got a small flush &amp; the other trips) but there's still chance u could be beat.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 PM

I am really unsure of the following advice and would like to hear from some more experienced players on this.

My thought on this however is to fold. You have UTG+1 still to act so there is a good chance he will cap, practically forcing you to pay 3 more BB to see this showdown. Considering you do not have the nut flush here your flush is discounted, also with the board pairing up your flush is discounted even further. This looks like a slow played set that hit a boat. I also think their actions follow the thought of "a bettor can be bluffing a caller cannot." If this was HU I would advocate capping this. Again I hate to tell someone to fold a flush, but here this action just looks to menacing, and the pot is not terribly big.

Again, I am not sure on this and would like to hear some feedback. Is the line I'm suggesting too weak?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 PM

flop and turn are standard. good job not being a wuss.

i am confused by the sudden river action so i call. i expect to beat trip 4s or something dumb waaaaaay often enough to profit.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

I would have played it the same way as u. I think u have to call on the river. Maybe one of them don't think u made your FD. What beats u? FH, Quads, Ah,Kh,Qh.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Flop and turn look good. I don't think you should fold on the river. The lack of a preflop raise suggests they don't have two broadway hearts (likely for UTG+1, less certain for MP2), and so wouldn't be calling flop with overcards. The lack of a raise on flop or turn suggests no set or two pair which has filled up by river. The main worry is an A5/A3h straight draw on the flop, but it could just as easily be 35/36/56h. And it seems pretty likely that at least one player hit trip 4s. With the price you're getting (even assuming it's capped) I think you're ahead enough of the time.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 PM

I'd probably feel a little sick to my stomach, and then call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 04:23 AM

:g:
flop/turn are fine.

i really can't think of any two hearts who may call a flop bet..but oh well these guys are crazy, i call and expect to win enough times..
Old 11-07-2007, 04:57 AM

grunch
I call the river, can't see myself folding here, especially against players at this limit
flop/turn i play same