Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 01:56 AM

Default SSHE or Winning Low Limit (Lee Jones)?

Which is better to read first and why? Or is one or the other not even worth a read? After reading these should I be able to beat .02/.04 at PS...in your expert opinion?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: SSHE or Winning Low Limit (Lee Jones)?

Lee first is always my suggestion. Much cleaner and simpler. Ed Miller's getting started in holdem is numero 2 and then SSHE.

All three are out of date, the game is much different and will continue to change, but if you understand the key concepts presented in these books, namely play well preflop, bet for value, count outs before calling and don't bluff, you should do well.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which is better to read first and why? Or is one or the other not even worth a read? After reading these should I be able to beat .02/.04 at PS...in your expert opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

WLLH is a good book if you are clueless about hold'em. If you're worried about beating .02/.04, then you should read WLLH.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee first is always my suggestion. Much cleaner and simpler. Ed Miller's getting started in holdem is numero 2 and then SSHE.

All three are out of date, the game is much different and will continue to change, but if you understand the key concepts presented in these books, namely play well preflop, bet for value, count outs before calling and don't bluff, you should do well.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-03-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read Lee again, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000, hands, read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read Lee Jones...get the picture?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read Lee again, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000, hands, read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read Lee Jones...get the picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great response. Somewhere in there someone better put on another pot of coffee.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great response. Somewhere in there someone better put on another pot of coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ya long grinding nights. Play Friday nights fersure. Lee Jones will stop the spewing quickly, SSHE will take you on the attack, "you must attack"...then you WILL win! Good luck, keep us posted, we're with ya!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:08 AM

IMO it's GSIH, then get your feet wet, then SSH and reading this forum. GSIH is good for a beginner's book, WLLH is a bad book that people try to excuse by calling it a beginner's book.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 AM

wLLH is a fine bread and butter book...just make sure you learn that cake tastes better but also may add a few kilos.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO it's GSIH, then get your feet wet, then SSH and reading this forum. GSIH is good for a beginner's book, WLLH is a bad book that people try to excuse by calling it a beginner's book.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's GSIH? I think I should know this...