Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Halo 3 Ending possible SPOILER ALERT

I kept hearing talk about how much better and thought out halo3's ending will be in comparison to halo2. I beat halo3 last night and when it ended i thought "thats it?" For those of you that havent finished it, dont get your hopes up for such a great ending, i guess bungie realized that the real game is in the multiplayer and half assed the campaign for a 2nd time.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Halo 3 Ending possible SPOILER ALERT

I finished it on Heroic and heard that Legendary has a different ending. If that's true, which one are you talking about?

In any case, I found a lot of the game was just Halo 1 rehashed. Some of it was deliberate, obviously, but I think they took it too far. Some elements didn't click while I was playing the game; they came the next day. I'm still sorta tying the little tidbits to the main plot to get a cohesive whole.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:04 PM

i finished on heroic, i guess with all the hype any ending probably wouldnt satisfy, its a good thing muliplayer is amazing but i wish they had halo2 maps other than zanzibar
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM

i thought it was kinda dumb. I don't understand how MC's ship can break in half, yet work enough for the arbiter to make it home safely, but leave MC out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, the "he's not really dead LOL" ending is so cliched. I'd rather them kill him. But I guess they always have to leave it open for Halo 4.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 PM

I liked the ending as it gives them a chance, if they do make another game, to move to a new story line since he's been so far away for, presumably, a long period time. You're right though, it was pretty cliche and we all saw it coming.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought it was kinda dumb. I don't understand how MC's ship can break in half, yet work enough for the arbiter to make it home safely, but leave MC out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, the "he's not really dead LOL" ending is so cliched. I'd rather them kill him. But I guess they always have to leave it open for Halo 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no intention of playing the campaign, if even the game, but the way you said this made me curious. I don't care about spoilers; what are you refering to? Kill who, MC?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:28 PM

yeah i was referring to killing master chief. he is presumed to have died by the arbiter and the humans. im saying the ending would have been better, it would have been 'truly finished' if he had died. it just sucks that they gotta leave it open to make more $$$$ with halo 4.

as far as being away, didnt several of the early battles take place on Earth? in africa? uhh...
Old 09-27-2007, 11:37 PM

Did you pay attention at all? lol, remember the giant portal they went through, the one that cut the ship in half? One of the cut scenes says how far away it is, hence it won't set off all the other Halos and you can see the Milky Way in the sky.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM

ya but can half a ship fly SRSLY? I DONT THINK SO!!!>!~!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 AM

I don't know what you're getting at there. Arbiter's half? It had a bit of momentum I'd assume, and it was in space so it's not like it will fall out of the sky. Also, he got through the portal, which is right by earth so they would see him and go get him. Is that what you're talking about?