Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

if you are 1 on 1 and the other guy obviously gets the jump on you, dont stand there like and idiot and try and shoot back. Shoot but focus on getting good at running away such as through a door and tossing a grenade at the doors opening. They cant follow and if they do then they die and youve saved yourself a kill.

Im giving this tip because at the higher levels, if two people with ARs come in contact, typically the one who starts shooting first wins. The art of running away will save u though.

On a related note, dont stop shooting midway through a fight to throw a grenade when you are in a fight in the open. I see too many people do that. If you get caught in the open with nowhere to run. Shoot them as much as possible and then right b4 ur bout to die- toss a grenade at their feet. FRom the graveee.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Good ideas for newbs nothing new for good players...

Always get a BR/carbine when you can and have it ready in wide open areas, in an enclosed area its more optimal to use AR shotgun etc.

If you see a group of enemies in a room DO NOT RUN IN, keep a distance and unload your grenades then clean house.

Know how to time the melee in a 1 on 1 AR fight

In oddball, when the guy holding the ball is in a bubble shield dont bother running in you have basically no chance if he is looking at you.

Dont whine about getting your kills stolen in TS its a team game
Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 AM

Oh and another thing, in a lone wolves king of the hill / oddball game, don't f--king go out of your way to kill me when I'm on the opposite side of the map of the objective (guy with ball / hill). I hate that crap and I still see it all the time even though I'm a 43.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 AM

Thanks for all of the tips so far guys. I'm still only playing campaign mode, but this helps. I thought the shotgun was pretty worthless for example, but I probably wasn't close enough to people. I guess you just have to rush people once in a while, I like to hang back and snipe at people like a pussy. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 AM

the shotgun [censored] people up hard when in close. Its basically the only one shot kill gun outside of a snip head shot.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't die without using all your grenades.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. As with all things, practicing is really the best way to get better. Great players are experts with grenades and sniper rifles. With H3, the most important thing is timing your punches while using the AR. Strafing is HUGE while using the BR. Getting to know the level and where the weapons are is essential to being a good player. Practice with the laser: depending on what level and game type you are playing, the laser is very powerful.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 AM

In TS standing back and BR will help your teammates immensely. 4 shots to kill means that each shot takes 1/3rd of their shields down and one shot w/out shields (two if they are at the body) kills them. Helps your teammates either win the bash or you can get a lot of cleanup kills if your teammate dies.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Since this is here I wanted to post some map specific tips and tricks for Team Slayer

Snowbound
---------

I think the best strategy is having mid-range weapons and the ghost and controlling the top. Bad teams will try to control the base, but if you can get a lead early you can dominate the top, esp w/ carbines, BR, Sniper, & Needler + invisibility & overshields.

Narrows
-------

Control your own base. BR are great, so is the rocket launcher. Grab the launcher and run back to your base. If you die you spawn in the action so you will always have backup.

The Pit
-------

Control the sword room, if you die check the invisibility and Rocket launcher. Also, two shotguns to help control the sword room in this level as well.

High Ground
-----------

Controlling a single area is hard on this map, but mid and long range weapons are your friends the closer to the beach you are and close range weapons work well near the base. Dual maulers is deadly and don't forget about the tunnel. Controlling the base underground seems like a decent strategy, but I don't think it's the best.

Guardian
--------

This map is small, but controlling the power weapons is key. Your team needs to get the shotgun and gravity hammer. The yellow room seems easiest to control if you have both of these, but every area is pretty easy to infiltrate if you're a good team. If the opposing team is camping in that room grab the sniper and get some easy kills into the yellow room. Don't stay for too long though because the guy you killed more than likely knows how he died.

Isolation
---------

Control the top. Two guys w/ AR/Shotgun and two guys w/ BR and you'll pwn. If you lose control of the top go to the right or left edges w/ the BR and shoot into the room at the top, or go grab the rocket launcher. The ghost isn't too bad either if the team you're playing against sucks.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM

I actually don't think its a great idea to control the sword room on The Pit. Its pretty easy to grenade in there and/or throw the power drain. Add rockets and shotguns and its pretty easy to clean that area out.

IMO on the Pit you must utlize a killing squad. Work and move together and you will wreck people. A good sniper helps as well.

I think its the same with highground. There isn't really one area to dominate and with the varied environment, you need to be pretty good with a lot of different weapons. This is a good sticky level.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:28 PM

i have a question on bashing. Does bashing with different weapons cause different amounts of damage? How much damage does a bash do typically?
Also, I've seen some people block sword swipes when they dont also have a sword, how the hell do you do that?
When using maulers, it seems like i cant shoot as well with them, like i can't move as fast while aiming, am i just imagining this?