Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: FTS - Some suggested improvements/additions

[ QUOTE ]

Hi BB,
Well, let's run through an example...

Say a short stack player is playing 200 NL, and buys in for $50. Ideally, he would like the software to rebuy back to $50 when his stack gets below $50 and he loses the hand.

One (somewhat reasonable) case might be: Let's say he starts with $50. Preflop he raises to $6. The software would then pop up the get chips dialog box to rebuy $6 in chips. On the flop he bets $15. Again the software pops up the get chips dialog box and buys $15 more in chips. If he goes AI on the turn for $29, the get chips dialog would pop up again and buy $29 more chips. If he loses the hand, he gets what he wants (a $50 stack again). If he wins, his stack is now $150 (and normally he would expect to have just $100).

I'm concerned that the extra pop ups would be annoying and the extra chip growth would defeat the purpose of his short stack strategy (besides being non-intuitive for how they might expect the software to work). I'm also concerned that I'll get LOTS of questions/complaints about why it works that way.

If I understand you correctly, you don't mind buying extra chips if you win a hand... and you want less than a full stack buyin if you lose a hand. And the extra "get chip" pop ups in the middle of a hand don't annoy you.

It's not trivial to implement, as the code is now written to only allow one rebuy in any given hand (so you don't get more than one pop up), but it's not too hard to implement either.

If there are others that would like it work this way, I will seriously consider it.

Are we in the same zipcode? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nano

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nano,

First of all, I hope I don't come across as criticizing your software, because I think it is excellent. I am just trying to address a few areas I think could be improved. I also have not used it for long, so I may be missing something. But let me try to explain what I am getting at.

I am not suggesting that you change the rebuy frequency to more than once per hand. I am only refering to the all-in auto-rebuy. In my limited experience with FTS, it seems that anytime I go all-in, the software rebuys for the max. I'm just asking for a field that lets me specify how much is rebought when I go all in.

Or perhaps you could just have the software read the amount put in the "Initial Buyin Amount" or the "Manual Reload Amount" and use that as the "auto-rebuy" amount instead of the auto-rebuy amount defaulting to 100% of max.

Does this make any sense, or am I missing something?

Thanks.