Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Default KJo in the BB

Villain is 39.34/1.64/3.42 over 61 hands

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero....

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: KJo in the BB

Given Villain's fairly high AF I'd call, but I don't think folding's horrible. This really does look like KQ.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM

grunch
Hero calls.
I might even lean towards raise. He seems agro enough to raise worse K here, especially after the turn checking through.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM

:g:

My first thought was KQ. And upon further review...I can't think of any other hand that really fits his play. Maybe KJ-K9, feeling good about his K after you check the Ace on the Turn? Eh, small pot, seems like a fold is ok.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:45 PM

A read I forgot to post is that I had observed the Villain raising flop with ANY pair/draws/and an A high this is probably where a large amount of his aggression takes place. After thinking about this, I have determined that I could probably have 3-bet this flop for value. Thoughts ?

Edit: After looking in my poker tracker I see that he is showing a flop AF of 3.4 a turn AF of 5 and a river AF of 2.25. Also be aware that this is only over 61 hands so the data could be horribly skewed.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:51 PM

3-bet the flop. Bet the turn, call a raise. The river plays itself after that.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 PM

*Grunch*
I'm probably about to show my inexperience here please slice and dice as you see fit...

Pre-Flop
With the 2 limpers I would have raised it preflop if SB was also LAGish

Flop
You have top pair good kicker and a backdoor flush if SB checks then I would think a continuation bet is in order to protect what you have, consider making it 3. Villan is very aggressive postflop and likely uses it to push people off their hands.

Turn
It looks like you may be in trouble... you have to consider do SB and MP3 like playing ace rags? Though continuing aggression representing AK could be a good line... If resistance is shown by either SB or MP3, call it down or fold depending on your read of who's showing aggression. (Didn't have a read on SB)

River
Straight draw and overcards on the board... and both very possible within villans range. Call it down and take a note.

Did Villan have A-x or JT?

Rig
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Oops, I misread the pot size - I see it was 7.5BBs when it got to you. I think a call is ok here. And since you posted the final pot size, I guess you thought so too.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did Villan have A-x or JT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Villain had A2o. He was raising his 2 on the flop and then checked the turn to get tricky.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oops, I misread the pot size - I see it was 7.5BBs when it got to you. I think a call is ok here. And since you posted the final pot size, I guess you thought so too.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha woops. yes I did call.