Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: so what\'s next for games on the 360

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing the hell out of COD4 and Battlefield, but it's not gonna last past Dec/Jan I don't think.

Assassin's Creed just doesn't look fun to me and I don't feel like getting real deep into a game like Mass Effect seems to require.

It's a real casual question really, I'm not complaining. Just interested in seeing if there are any big games coming out soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Question you asking is pretty silly. There are tons of big games already out and mass effect seems to be too big for you. Most the good games coming out this quarter are already released for the holiday season. There is really nothing to complain about with all the good games out right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Burnout Paradise. Hands down. Or if you like shooters you should check out The Orange Box...great deal for the price. Portal is amazing by itself and the epic feel of Half-Life 2 is great. You've got quite a wait for GTAIV...bet it won't be out until holidays next year.

Of course, if you aren't interested in a game like Mass Effect you should probably sell your 360 and give up video gaming in general. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 PM

If you aren't interested in games like Mass Effect because you have to get 'real deep into them' then I don't really understand why you even care what the next 'big' game will be? Even GTAIV is probably not going to be a have fun picking up and playing it every once in a while for 5 minutes type game.

I'd check out the arcade games. There's a ton of great games and they are made exactly for people that don't really want to get 'real deep' into games.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't interested in games like Mass Effect because you have to get 'real deep into them' then I don't really understand why you even care what the next 'big' game will be? Even GTAIV is probably not going to be a have fun picking up and playing it every once in a while for 5 minutes type game.

I'd check out the arcade games. There's a ton of great games and they are made exactly for people that don't really want to get 'real deep' into games.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the getting deep into a game part that bothers me about Mass Effect, it's the sci-fi/alien stuff, just not a fan of it.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:19 PM

I hear ya on the sc-fi stuff. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I like it when it's combined with a horror aspect ala Gears of War.

But don't hold your breath, Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 is coming out December 4..
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 PM

what would you guys recommend for right now? i played the hell out of halo 3, played through campaign and several online games. got a little bored, but i'll stick with it.

i moved on to call of duty 4 last week and absolutely love it! the campaign was amazing, really cool story. i'm lovin the online play. i like that you can run into 3 guys and take them out.

i'm thinking of renting/buying within an hour. i'm hella bored, have the next 2 days off and want something new to play.

mass effect? assassin's creed? i used to like playing the need for speed games and see a new one has been released. please, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 PM

I say Assassin's Creed for rental, to help you decide whether you want to buy it or not. Also, I just realized you live pretty close to me, holla.