Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: high stakes absolute players

I don't see how any of you guys could ever feel comfortable playing there again, no matter how juicy the games are, w/o assurances from AP that they've fixed the security hole. I know it would always be in the back of my mind on any strange play I saw involving someone I didn't know well. That can't be good for your game.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how any of you guys could ever feel comfortable playing there again, no matter how juicy the games are, w/o assurances from AP that they've fixed the security hole. I know it would always be in the back of my mind on any strange play I saw involving someone I didn't know well. That can't be good for your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a high limit player, but I'll never even consider playing there again until they at least acknowledge the problem.

That will never happen.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 PM

bump
Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if they were cheating, they'd want to be playing a lot more too.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not true. More time is more exposure, more risk. Make a big hit and disappear is much safer than sitting there for long periods of time. Sitting for long periods allows someone to make a complaint, gets someone to monitor them, investigations to get done, etc.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 AM

the latest from ap security is those accts are closed or locked and they ap are looking at every single hand and investigating, whatever that exactly means. I think its very likely AP will neve publicly disclose what happened and the results of such investigations
Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 AM

lol what are they investigating? Anybody who has played poker for over a month can see this is 100% cheating. No possible way a luckbox can play like that.

Something is very strange here. Were they losing too much on their guaranteed tourneys that they had to put their horses in?

Somebody needs to look or try to remember the timing. Sounds like somebody has a backdoor account and ran to computers sides by side. One logged in as their regular
account and the computer beside them logged on the admin/super user. This explains why they can't multitable and trying to dechiper all the cards/betting and info is tougher than 8 tabling and playing your 8 single hands(if that makes sense)
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM

I'm still slightly bemused as to why & how a high-stakes fish could suddenly acquire a backdoor.

The best I can think of is this: A programmer/contractor working for Absolute first installs backdoor 1: This allows him to create large sums of money with a reasonable electronic trail within the system (e.g. it looks like it has been deposited etc.). Later, he installs backdoor2: The hole-card reader.

Is this reasonable or outlandish? Basically I'm arguing that AP should already be aware of a hole in their accounts prior to this latest problem
Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM

I'm by no means a high stakes poker player, however I know my way around computers and actually worked for a few years as a computer security expert.

I have no idea of the security of the sites such as AP, however it is common knowledge (at least among initiated people such as me) that a LOT of sites and networks with very hardened security have been broken into, sometimes multiple times (I'm thinking of the world biggest banks, military institutions of leading countries, etc).

Once the security of a site compromised, a skilled, motivated intruder can do a lot of damage and sometimes gain access to the most sensitive information. There are plenty of very skilled pirates in the world, and if I was one of them, online gambling sites would probably be my premium targets, because:

1. Those sites are plenty, all can not be unbreakable.
2. Money on these sites is plenty and being traded constantly between accounts for small, medium and large sums.
3. You can steal money and make it look like nothing wrong happened (beating people at the games). It's pirate heaven.

Given those reasons, it would not surprise me if poker sites were under constant attack by the pirates from all over the world. Their security must be hardened, but there are so many ways to crack a system...Employees often being the path of least resistance.

Once in a system, the pirate could very easily set up a system that would let them know the hole cards of people they want. So much money is at stake that I can very well imagine a pirate putting a lot of time and effort to make a snooping system as close to be undetectable as possible - and that can be real damn stealth.

The remark of the AP's employee about "encryption" is void. The encryption will secure to some extent the data between the site and the client computer. The client computer itself is not more secure because of that encryption, nor is the poker site itself. A pirate breaking into the site would not worry about the encryption as it would not concern him at all. The remark about "data about other people hole cards not being sent to one's computer" is also silly for too many reasons to type.

My best suggestion would be to indeeed avoid playing on the sites that you suspect might be compromised. There is little chance of a big poker site (read: money making machine) admit to being cracked - this would be too much trouble.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Seif admits to chip dumping

Saw this while railing 100.200

You're connected to our server. Enjoy your game.
MARK SEIF: yes i have been getting reports all week
<< Result for Hand 782582530 >>
STAYINSCHOOL wins ($1198.00) with (Three of a kind, jacks).
STAYINSCHOOL: will i get my money back from them?
MARK SEIF: accts frozen
STAYINSCHOOL: cool
KRATOSROUSE: yall should also watch out for flash fever
MARK SEIF: no indication that security has been compromised
<< Result for Hand 782583098 >>
STAYINSCHOOL wins ($798.00 chips).
KRATOSROUSE: he plays three names at the same time
STAYINSCHOOL: ic
<< Result for Hand 782583618 >>
MARK SEIF wins ($150.00 chips).
MARK SEIF: bt definitely wierd stuff and defintely chip dumping
<< Result for Hand 782583780 >>
MARK SEIF wins ($798.00) with (One pair, fives).
KRATOSROUSE: but nevermindi guess i do not exist because im on the rail
<< Result for Hand 782584223 >>
MARK SEIF wins ($2098.00) with (Flush, ace high).
KRATOSROUSE: gl everyone
STAYINSCHOOL: so there is a chance i get money back right?
STAYINSCHOOL: the money i lost to those guys
CJ AND TJ: hello mark from a big fan of yours
<< Result for Hand 782584849 >>
MARK SEIF wins ($198.00 chips).
MR STR8: MARK DOSENT TALK....AND THAT CHANCE IS FAT
MARK SEIF: i dont know stay i dont know enough about ur situation speci
<< Result for Hand 782585479 >>
MARK SEIF wins ($398.00 chips).
STAYINSCHOOL: well i got killed hu by them
STAYINSCHOOL: and some ring games
<< Result for Hand 782585922 >>
PIESANG wins ($598.00 chips).