Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
I've been coached by Imsakidd

He's an awful coach and an awful human being. I would avoid him @ all costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

imsakid is the short stacker. did he teach u to short stack?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 AM

I am coached by Tubasteve at the moment. I found him through 3-bet.net. I have had like 10hours of coaching now and my game/stats have really improved. The sessions include stats review and some discussion on interesting hands, further these have been sweat sessions. I would recommend him to any small stakes player.

TheLoon
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone w/ a good understanding of the mathematics of the game tried out MDMA? I was about to rec him to a friend when I came across his reply in this thread. That's a pretty egregious error he and bld made on that very simple formula.

Brain fart, or indicative of fundamental misconceptions? Or is it perhaps part of the infamous HSNL disinformation campaign?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone moving up to NL100 should book now. the list is that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of quote the post that mentions YOU is that hard to understand? Who would want your coaching anyways after you publicly admitted that you have no interest in letting others gain insight into your true thought processes (even those who are paying for your cr vids)?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM

Loon,
how much does tuba charge?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What part of quote the post that mentions YOU is that hard to understand? Who would want your coaching anyways after you publicly admitted that you have no interest in letting others gain insight into your true thought processes (even those who are paying for your cr vids)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure he was talking about MDMA's coaching waitlist dude, so lay off...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM

i need a coach.
20k br, 1/2 - 3/6nl.

Spam my PM please!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Sorry orange I can't tell you. People need to contact him for that. I can say that it is not much for most small stakes players.

TheLoon
Old 10-10-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is allowed or is in fact part of the point of this thread. I'd basically like any coaches interested in coaching me that meet my requirements to pm me with rates or whatever as soon as possible cos i'm tired of losing at poker.

I'm looking for a long term coach that can help me beat 200NL & Then later 400nl.

I'm looking for someone that is affordable to a person working on a 50 Buyin BR

My coach would need to be a proven winner in todays games beating at least the 200nl limit.

Most importantly i'm looking for someone that is more interested in my success as a poker player than the hourly or whatever compensation we agree on.

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to poker and learning and so will take some compromise with any coaches schedule. Pls pm me if you are interested

[/ QUOTE ]

I have spoke to a few people about this but lack the direction and dedication...and having someone pull me into shape..

I have contacted people but admittedly not really followed them up on it...

In the past I had :

Maulik go over some of my Hand history's.... which was good...

Popinjay sweated me ... He was pretty new to it all but discussed some decent concepts....Only had once as I stopped playing for a period of time.

TheWorstPlayer Had approx 8 sessions and felt that my game changed in many ways.... He loosened me up in VPIP .... but I felt that my postflop play didn't improve accordingly.... I have heard mixed reports about his coaching but I felt that it was good it just didn't help my game suffuciently for the money involved.....

I have spoke to Eagles, OevgO, Snowbank and Tufat23 about setting up some sort of program in the coming weeks but its hard to set up due to time-zone differences and the window of opportunity that I have to play in the evenings etc....

I hate making these sort of posts as I'm on this site everyday but not improving at a pace that I would like...

Vava
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baluga coached me for a few sessions at $100/hour for hour and a half blocks.

He would sweat me over skype for the first hour and talk about concepts while i was playing and not involved in anything really interesting and the last half hour was sort of theory talk and new concepts. He is really good at explaining things and helped my game i definitely recommend him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also was coached by Baluga for 100/hr at NL200, sometime around March. I definitely recommend him, and I'm in the process of modeling my coaching program around his. He's a great teacher and is very patient and understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a couple of sessions with Baluga as well and he's definitely a solid coach who can explain his thought processes well and understands a lot about the game. Recently he set off on a 3 month trip around the world and I don't think he'll be taking on new students until he's done and settled back in at home which will probably be December or January. I wouldn't take that as an official statement, but that's my understanding of it considering his current students are on an 'as time permits' basis until then.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loon,
how much does tuba charge?

[/ QUOTE ]

orange,

i normally only coach nl50 and lower where my rate is 50/hr. TheLoon contacted me through 3-bet about coaching at nl100 on everest poker, where the games are pretty weak, and I charge him 60/hr. normally however, i don't really feel comfortable teaching nl100 or higher because i still feel like i have a lot to learn before i'm beating the limit enough to teach others.
Closed Thread