Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM

Default 25 NL QQ with odd preflop action

I assume I have to 4 bet a min raise from the BB here but after the all in and call where do I stand? And can I call this all in.

BB just sat down and Button running 50/5/3 over 75 hands

Comments on pre and post flop please.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.15
BB: $26.30
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $28.70</font>
MP: $31.15
CO: $32.05
BTN: $12.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.90, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $12.20</font>, SB folds, BB calls $10.45, Hero calls $4.95

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($37.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $14.10</font>,
Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: 25 NL QQ with odd preflop action

Poooooosh. He's probably loving his 99-JJ right now. Sucks if he has KK/AA.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM

If BB is at all a thinking player, he's never doing this with AK. JJ is possible, but AA/KK are more likely. I don't know, his range is pretty tight considering he's betting into a dry side pot.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If BB is at all a thinking player, he's never doing this with AK. JJ is possible, but AA/KK are more likely. I don't know, his range is pretty tight considering he's betting into a dry side pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold call is scary... as it's usually something to draw in the OP. However, I think we'd be giving too much credit to someone with 50/5/3 stats if we narrow it down to AA/KK only.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold call is scary... as it's usually something to draw in the OP. However, I think we'd be giving too much credit to someone with 50/5/3 stats if we narrow it down to AA/KK only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, yeah I didn't see he was 50/5. Maybe that changes things since this is the type of player who will do weird things, not taking into account that there's already a player AI. Maybe given that BB is an idiot I call, but there's a good chance you're already behind the button and are drawing slim for the main pot.

Edit: Dammit, it's the AI guy who's 50/5. Hell I don't know, but BB is ahead a good chunk of the time if he's a decent player. I guess I call out of confusion, but I'm still not convinced it's the right play.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 PM

Odd PF action is right...if your hand was any worse than QQ I'd just call PF, but I make the same play as you did, fully expecting Button and SB to fold, and figuring that we're pretty good against the BB's range, even tho he's an unknown. Then things got all crazy, but I don't see anything you can do to get away. If you lost just laugh and move on, this is a strange hand.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 PM

I didn't fear the button that much since he's 50/5/3 but since the BB sat down and pushed into a dry pot I wasn't sure if I could beat him.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't fear the button that much since he's 50/5/3 but since the BB sat down and pushed into a dry pot I wasn't sure if I could beat him.

[/ QUOTE ]

His range can easily be 88-AA.... You are ahead of 4, down to 2. Plus all the $$$$ in the pot.
$25NL is filled with idiots. Don't forget that.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poooooosh. He's probably loving his 99-JJ right now. Sucks if he has KK/AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2007, 03:58 PM

Since the pot was too large for me to fold i called. I have to share the hands cause they are pretty ridiculous. BTN has A9h BB has KQc River K for the loss.