Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Trips against loose/passivey

Been playing at table for bout an hour. Prolly bout even, maybe down couple hundred at most. Villian has coldcalled raises preflop a TON...I've seen him call down postflop a couple times with weird, weak holdings, and in general, he just seems to be very loose/passive.

One hand earlier he raised me on a dry king high flop when I had AK, i called, we checked through turn, and river i bet out half pot and he folded, so he is capable of makin moves sometimes i guess. 5/10 1k effective

I am dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on button, folded to me i raise up pot ($35). ONly he calls

FLOP (POT=$75) : 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet $55, he c/r to $150, I call

TURN (Pot=$375): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets $250, I push

Thoughts? Better way to play this?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Trips against loose/passivey

you look dominated here bigtime by something like KT i would say if your going to play i just call the turn and reevaluate river cuz the only hands that call are ands that beat you, right now your hand is almost a bluff catcher as its beat by a Large number of hands villain calls your blind steal raise with, but doesnt three bet, like you said he is Passive, and you got checkraised on the flop, they dont cr without a hand that beats your ten here ever (if he was aggro i could see him cring a K here but like you said "passive villain", he also CC a lot preflop like you said so KT QT JT are all easy preflop calls and if hes good hed of three bet you with at here so its a pretty easy fold id say on the turn